Pet peeves: The return (Part 5)

Been watching the video now, its very good and very informative!

So far the only story I hadn’t heard of before to some extent was the Internet Historian one, and it’s annoying because I’m also no longer surprised. I watched a few of his videos before in the past(mainly because it got recommended from another youtuber), but after it became known to me that he held/holds certain views, I dropped all interest.

It also didn’t help that he did a really long buddy collab with JonTron, well after that guy’s entire closet of skeletons had not only been public, but new ones had come out as well.

2 Likes

For me it was the main story of Hbomberguy’s new vid that mostly I cared about, didn’t really know any of it and having watched Somerton’s past few vids now and then thinking ‘oh he seems like an okay watch’ it was a slightly painful of a watch.

You did that with DF crafting at launch as well? That has always been the case, where crafted gear is immediately outpaced by any Mythic dungeon/raid gear. If anything, DF’s reinvention of the systems means crafting has stayed relevant throughout the expansion thanks to the thingies you get weekly. Some crafted gear is even BiS for some classes, to my knowledge.

You’re obviously not meant to be able to craft gear easily without leveling anything that’d be better than Mythic dungeons, I’m not sure what you’re losing your mind over honestly.

Can’t speak for every crafting profession, but as someone with Inscription and Herbalism my only real critique of DF’s systems thus far is that it’s relatively hard to get into without guides or prior knowledge, and it’s really painful to pivot to other specializations if you ended up making a wrong step, especially with how hard it is to level a profession to max level. Needing level 75 in a crafting profession to unlock the final specialization, when leveling past ~60 becomes instantly very expensive thus really time-consuming and hard… is just obnoxious, when at level 55 you realize ‘oh wait, I should’ve gone for the third specialization instead!’

But this is all stuff they can pretty easily change in a following expansion and I’m hoping they’ll do so. I do wonder how they’ll carry over current knowledge if at all, as the current specializations and systems feel very Dragonflight-specific, yet also general.

(I also feel like the Crafting Orders system is very unbalanced for some professions, but I guess the trade off is how much money you can make from it… Inscription has easy crafting order fills, but feels like it makes nearly no money back from what you’ve invested into it, whereas small looks at what the crafting orders for Tailoring and Enchanting have been feel like you’re hard pressed to even make any public crafting orders at all.)

1 Like

It’s usually in every single class’s BiS list to have at least two crafted pieces, because of Embellishments

It is mostly a closed system now, in that there’s no point trying to level a profession up rather than just placing an order for it with someone who already have it maxed, but that’s honestly good - the old days of having to grind up Blacksmithing yourself to get a good weapon are dead.

Sure, though a little FOMO-y. If you don’t level up your professions within first weeks and then also play the following months to cash in on your maxed profession, your professions are dead.

If you make a mistake, you’re also dead in the water, as you’ll just be so far behind the curve.

Honestly, I hope TWW just includes a ‘talent reset’ for professions, so you can just change it around now and then even if it doesn’t make the most realistic sense - after all, it’s WoW so it doesn’t have to make sense. Just don’t lock me into specializations.

1 Like

Yeah. Like, I like the profession overhaul, in all. It’s a big step up in being engaging, having meaningful choices (or the feeling of, lol) and whatnot.

It just has a lot of typical WoW grind still strongarmed into it, and the insistence on making BoP instead of BoE so prevelant and the not-quite-feasible Crafting Order system is a nuisance.

Finished Rift Apart. It felt pretty short but doesn’t actually seem to have differed from other R&C games that much in total length.

Fun game, very technologically impressive with the rift stuff. I think it’s kinda neat that they let you unlock infinite health+ammo in the second-to-last mission of the game so long as you’ve been grabbing all the collectibles.

Grym killed me, as I thought he might

aaaaaaaa I was so close one more hammer hit and he was done for but he just refused to get in position

Have you tried reducing his hit points while ensuring that your own remain above 0? Bit of a hot tip for you there!

(also did you do the Mountain Pass first for an extra level or two and a +3 bludgeoning weapon?)

1 Like

Sadly no, was at level 5 after clearing out Nere really easily and got cocky - his Honour Mode ability gives him temp HP every time he’s hit and AoE damage every time you break through it, so beating him to death the normal way is much harder

According to icy-veins, at least, yes. The crafted bracers I have now are BiS for marksmanship hunters for their item level.

Doing a circle of spores druid run, being all goody two shoes

However, by not being an evil bastard all my companions want a piece of the one eyed elf that got poked and prodded by a hag

Also on another note any BG3 gamers got tips for an honour mode run?

Did the megadungeon, jsut regular to get familiarized with the strats.
Got the Quantum Courser and it turned into Legion Midnight much to the dismay of a friend ohohoh.

I can also now sneak into normal raid, maybe get a piece or two to turn into tier next week

2 Likes

I got Tyr’s hammer when I ran it on my Evoker
So a free 450 2 hander to replace my old one from Season 2 heroic Aberrus lmao

This depends a lot on exactly how cheesy you want to be

But generally speaking things that give you proficiencies, or especially Halflings, get a big boost from the single save file, but a lot of it is very similar to tactician except you want to delay combat as long as you can especially against boss monsters (the owlbear, phase spider, Grym, things like that) so most everything will work fine*

*some things have been changed, like the Warlock/Paladin third attack at level 10, but generally most of those things were cheese anyway

1 Like

Lmao nice!
Depending on things I will be spending tomorrow levelling my Evoker tomorrow while TWs are still up.

Just wanna try out augmentation, see if it’ll be a caster I can enjoy as you’d sooner see me heal or tank than ever play a filthy caster

1 Like

Peeve: the Amirdrassil night elf transmog (white and blue heritage recolor) isn’t displaying in the armory and on forum avatars.

2 Likes

I put a break on it cus it’s very long, but I got back into watching more of the James Somerton part before bed and it’s really awful and sad.

While there is more to come(Like another hour), but the whole bit that Somerton not only plagiarized an author fully(not just using it for his video, but later boasted directly that he was the one who thought up those ideas), but when the author tried to very gently reach out about it, he actively leaked their full name name, all social media and ways of contacting them and directly told his fans that the person was sending him severe death threats personally and organized his own fans to harass them to the point of them leaving the internet entirely even to this day(when hbomber asked them they wanted to get as little credit as possible out of genuine fear for their safety). The fact that all of THAT was done and it’s still not even the worst to come makes me really sad.

3 Likes

https://www.reddit.com/r/hbomberguy/comments/189pjbd/james_somerton_just_posted_to_his_patreon/

He’s melting.

4 Likes

Watching that video now. Almost died laughing when he was plagiarizing someone’s whole text, but removed the mention of how a character from IT made his fortune by plagiarizing others but had no friends.

He truly is coping, seething and malding.

3 Likes

Work bad
staying in bed good
I wish to return to bed

1 Like