Pet peeves: The return (Part 5)

Fun & quirky queer man with a cute cat.

Overtly clingy queer man who literally blows up the establishment. (And kills alot of people)

I love Awakening Anders.

he was possessed by a ghost in fairness to him

proving the ‘letting mages do whatever is wrong because it will kill lots of people’ crowd wrong by being a mage and blowing up lots of people and having other mages turn into monsters that kill lots of people

he is very smart

6 Likes

Justice walked so Cole could run

His crime wasn’t blowing up the Chantry.
His crime was not telling me about it ahead of time.

3 Likes

wait I misread the assignment I am not very smart

I do appreciate that Anders getting posessed by the spirit of Justice leads to blowing up the symbol of repression and sparking a revolution, very based choice of bioware

3 Likes

circle leader as soon as things go wrong

turns to blood magic and turns into an abomination

LOCK

THEM

UP

2 Likes

In hindsight, the weirdest part in the aftermath is only if you side with Meridith(First, why would you?). But Orsino changes personality completely because, as they openly admitted in interviews, they felt it was weird to not have a bossfight on that part of the story.

Perhaps if there was more alternatives to punishment/correction other than emotional lobotomy or DEATH, it wouldn’t have been this way.

I like Lae’zel, she pretty :3

4 Likes

no thoughts

head empty

1 Like

Mages map very neatly into a queer allegory from top to bottom (heh), except for the bit about mages being able to shoot fire out their hands

which is supposed to be a secret I can’t believe they outed us like that

1 Like

Orsino’s ending was definitely a matter of game being rushed out.

3 Likes

Lae’zel is top tier character development

Shadowheart is for emo chasers

Karlach is for guys with mum issues

Minthara is alright

Halsin is bland

Jaheira is cool granny

Astarion is sass

I have yet to play BG3 at all, but half my daily recommended on youtube is people being extremely thirsty over this character and going “I can fix him!”

1 Like

There is no way the ‘please don’t treat us as threats to public safety, we don’t all turn into raging madmen and demon-possessed monsters when we get mad’ argument could suffer from me turning into a raging madman and demon-possessed monster indiscriminately killing people when i get mad, it’ll only show them the righteousness of our cause

yes and :sunglasses:

1 Like

He actually has a really sweet arc if you bash him with the good bat

The bad path is very much “I can make him worse” same with Shadowheart

2 Likes

aha, a fellow trans-shadowheart believer I see

Fantastic character, Neil Newbon definitely deserved his award [hoping that Sam and Amelia win BAFTAs too], just a sad wet little meow meow

4 Likes

Still feel cheated that we finally got an opportunity to romance her when she’s not your surrogate aunt and it’s off limits.

2 Likes

I clearly need to play this game.

It will also be interesting to see if he is going to swoon me, or if I go full bi panic over the women. Which judging by the images, is definitely going to be a thing.