Pet peeves: The return (Part 5)

I like Gale as well especially as you can make him so much worse as well

Wyll is… eh, doesnt help that he got rehashed during early access due to player feedback, making him a bit of a bland mish mash

Not having agency helps, but that is sort of every companion?

oh i made another big decision in bg3 which i didn’t share related to this

spoil

after like 5 attempts at the cazador fight i eventually won by just hiding astarion for most of it, because even if i broke him free cazador would just beeline for him again

so i kept him hidden until the very end of the fight where i brought him in to finish the job

i then convinced him not to go through with the ritual because it was dumb and stupid

but i then made him kill all of the trapped vampire spawn

1 Like

Making him do the bad thing (the first bad thing anyway, not the second) has a really visceral and a little disturbing cutscene tied to it. I don’t like it as a story beat, and I think they did a good job of conveying its badness through the way the follow up is framed with the camera/dialogue/etc.

Wyll is the only companion who has a big ‘character’ decision where you can’t leave it up to them - you have to give him advice one way or the other, which I think sucks a bit.

Everyone else you can be like “decide yourself lol” and they’ll make a choice based on how you influenced them previously with dialogue stuff, but Wyll doesn’t get that privilege.

1 Like
Cazaspoilers

Funnily enough when I did that fight as Evil-Durge I locked myself out of ascension because I murdered several of the ritual spawn (didn’t have Daylight so I had to improvise to break through his defenses)

Leads to Astarion being like ‘whew, could you imagine the evil that would cause’ to the open daughter of Bhaal

the second thing is not a bad thing

i did what i did and have no regrets

The second thing is definitely a bad thing!

Bhaalspawn taking out the competition ahead of time, very smart.

1 Like

balance of nature must be preserved or whatever. druid business, go back to your drinks

1 Like

I just saw Karlach and Lae’zel(Looked up without spoilers) and I want them both to top me. Astarion’s chances are slimmer.

4 Likes

god damn vixi

What??

1 Like

I can make him worse.

2 Likes

new poaching meta just dropped

1 Like

Is that a theoretical question for scientific purposes?

1 Like

Had the exact same reaction honestly

Both good romance options, but the romance that specifically exists between Karlach and Astarion (you have to play one of them as an Origin, recommend Karlach because she gets narrated sections where she psyches herself up) is really sweet

Short answer: yes, but not with everyone

1 Like

He is a dramatic little twink, I have had half the mind to be rid of him more than once.
his voice acting is top tier though.
all around great characters, even if I have contemplated pushing half of them into lava at least once.

In fact I am plotting my next playthrough to be a no survivor run
that is I will take every action or inaction that leads the most possible casualties, companions included.

1 Like

not me thinking of a new character for when this first run is complete

my next objective is to help this water temple find a monster that killed their priest or whatever

Halsin is very open to poly relationships but whether the other side of the triangle is is another matter.

In that case I’ll expand

Halsin is polyamorous, so will broach the subject at some point - a few companions are open to it, definitely Shadowheart and Astarion, possibly others. Very much a ‘this is my girlfriend Tav and this is her boyfriend Halsin’ scenario rather than a throuple but at least with those two it’s given as a genuine option they are okay with

There is also a pair of drow twins in the brothel who do offer a foursome with you and your partner, but in most scenarios* it’s portrayed as a bad idea (and it’s somewhat deliberately narrated in darkness rather than shown)

*Shadowheart post-act 3 romance-scene is the only one who seems to have a good time with it

2 Likes

i haven’t used the brothel, but i do know that there is an absolutely hillarious interaction with gale in this scenario which had me cracking up

edit: https://youtu.be/8CAoR_1vcS0?si=XtP9wuqWsPYsYxpI

oh god i found it

The bad route for Astarion in that pairing is also extremely angst ridden

Its good stuff

1 Like