Pet peeves: The return (Part 5)

We do know a little bit though.

Spoilers for 2005 Doctor Who, just in case

It’s very briefly mentioned at some point in bad wolf that the Daleks put the Jagrafess there to do…something to the humans. But it isn’t explained what beyond Dalek things. Or what it actually did.

They then switched over to the game shows after it died. But they were always in charge.

It’s my sleeping in + housekeeping time, personally

1 Like

In hindsight, I’ve found Rose to be one of the weaker companions. Piper is fun and all, but Rose the actual character has some problems.

She does several very stupid things(which sure, she is young) and the way she treats Mickey, actually the way they both treat Mickey is incredibly cruel.

She has alot of tendencies to think she knows better than anyone who tells her anything. Doctor included.

Me fr fr no cap

2 Likes

Mickey gets off lightly compared to Rory. Amy is the worst in that first season.

I think the key with Mickey and Rose is that they don’t work as a couple, and that’s pretty much evident from the very first episode where she leaves him behind to go with the Doctor, and something they both eventually realise in the second series.

When she says thanks to him in the first episode, he says “For what?” to which her reply is “Exactly.”

The Doctor definitely didn’t need to keep calling him “the idiot” though. But to be fair 9 was pretty harsh to everyone, including Rose, at points.

Rose may not be very clever, and did make some mistakes, but her arc in the first series is to be the Doctor’s friend (arguably more) and bring him out of his post-war slump.

What 19 year old isn’t like this tbh.

4 Likes

I have acquired Gardens of the Moon, the first of Malazan’s book of the fallen.

1 Like

If babies didn’t want to be squished then why are they so squishy

1 Like

Ditches him the night before the wedding, constantly friendzones him and flirts with the Doctor right infront of him, tries to cheat outright. Only actually gets sad and regretful when he straight up dies/vanishes.

Amy is not winning any prizes in best partner contests.

Yeah this and what you said above is very true and it makes sense. As does her behavior due to her age. I still think she is one of the weaker companions though.

It makes sense for the writing and what they were going for, it still doesn’t make her particularly nice!

Squishy lil’ cheeks.

Possibly. Just wanted to defend her because I’m currently watching that period and I forgot how much I love her.

1 Like

That is fair!

I think from my personal preference, I would list the modern Doctor Who companions on my enjoyment from them roughly:

1. Nardole
  2. Donna
  3. Bill
  4. Ruby(So far)
  5. Clara(With Capaldi)
  6. Rory
  7. Graham
  8. Mickey
  9. Clara(With Smith)
  10. Rose
  11. Martha
  12. Yaz
  13. Amy
  14. Ryan

If we count one off’s/extras I would put Wilfred at Nr 2, Jack Harkness at 4 or 5 and River somewhere around that as well.

A fellow Nardole enjoyer.

1 Like

How can anybody not love him? He is basically the Doctor’s sassy grandma who tells him off for being naughty.

Plus he is a good character on his own. And good chemistry between him, Bill and the Doctor.

wait hold up a second how is mickey higher up the list than rose

1 Like

This scene, obvs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=pLtNS6oNfeg

1 Like

say fellas, did somebody mention the door to darkness?

1 Like

Better character and Justice for Mickey.

I also forgot Martha. Im adding her in now.

2 Likes

the most powerful person in the Final Fantasy universe until recently. now Donald Duck is equal with Dion, although arguably Dion is stronger because he doesn’t pass out after using it.

2 Likes

I just love how Goofy shouts for Donald to stop. He knows what that duck is capable of.

who would win: the most powerful black mage ever, Donald Duck, or a snowstorm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-k6ppRkpcM

2 Likes