Pet peeves: The return (Part 5)

I would advise not to care about it in all honesty.

Finnish does not have gender pronouns, and so that translates to me speaking english where I often put the wrong pronoun in. There’s no malice or ill-will behind it.

I think I have called Acrona a he on more occasions than once for example, or Shuang a she, despite knowing they are very much the opposite. Or my GF. I just don’t pay attention to it and outside of writing I never think too much about it.

Even sometimes when writing I mix it up by mistake.

I was talking specifically about cases when someone puts obviously bad faith things like “attack/helicopter” in the TRP pronoun field.

Just take it as a major red flag and do not under any circumstances engage.

11 Likes

This

It is a sure sign you would find better use for your time stuffing a mic in a garbage can and asking “Anything else to add?”

They want to be challenged because then they can say that they’ve owned the left. Social isolation as a direct consequence of their unpleasant behaviour is the best medicine we can provide in an online community like our own.

4 Likes

From experience I can tell you it does sometimes make transphobes mad to earnestly reply to their bad faith nonsense such as using their pronouns but it’s just as likely to either fail or trigger abuse

Just block them on sight, show them that the only response to bigotry is silence

5 Likes

I suppose you could try to provoke them into saying something egregious enough that it’d merit a ban/suspension from the game, but that’s also probably too much effort than what an uncertain outcome might offer.

1 Like

I know of at least two artists who have aphantasia
do not ask me how they do the art thing… they apparently are just built like that… (and I fear them)
Guess it helps that there seems to be a lot of artists who have aphantasia who go into animation. Movement is something you don’t necessarily need mental images for.

Aggressively “they” them. They do not like that one.

1 Like

Yeah; I don’t by any means think it’s impossible to do. The closest I can say is in character design, where I can have a more… objective list of criteria I want to fill for my blorbo (hair colour, body shape, and so on) but I can’t conjure an image of it until I’m fiddling around with a character creator (and even that image won’t be present in my head).

I imagine it’d require an emphasis on taking a structured approach to art, and I am not known for my structure :pensive:

Impressionist/Modern blorbo, advanced blorbo art

Tbh I may be able to turn that apple in my head into all directions in different colours. But don’t ask me to remember faces. I can not. When I want to draw a character more than once I deconstruct their face into a hyper simplified little graphic that just deals with the overall shapes and go from there.
Couldn’t describe or draw you my mum either. Could tell you her eye and haircolour but everything else is just ??? in my head.

1 Like

Brains be funny like that. I could list features that my mum’s face has but only because I can remember them in the form of like… a more objective list. I know she has grey eyes for example, like I know Jaime Lannister is described has having green eyes.

That apple eludes me entirely. Stupid apple test.

1 Like

my partner gets genuinely distressed when I rotate her in my mind and tell her

this isn’t relevant I just thought it’s adorable

6 Likes

lf forumposter to rotate me in their mind, an act inherently unknowable to me

1 Like

I remember seeing one artist who has it recently say that it allowed them to look at every piece they did with fresh eyes whenever they stepped away and then came back to it, which I guess would be kinda neat.

you in my brain right now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K7aY-_b9sk

2 Likes

Thank you for reminding me of Get down memes

Alternative option:

2 Likes

today i remembered wildstar and it made me sad all over again

5 years to the day and the wound has never quite healed

1 Like

I picture your whole character model based on your portrait, doing a dorky little dance.

2 Likes

I can’t even be mad because I can’t see it

3 Likes

wife is replying to me on whatsapp with doctor who gifs we are so in

3 Likes

She survived the farts. Blowie tile is the next checkpoint.

2 Likes