Pet peeves: The return (Part 5)

It’s very cold today and I don’t like it. My throat freezes if I breathe too hard.

1 Like

I started rereading One Piece.

Still good. I got like 9 chapters in yesterday, so just met Nami.

It’s kinda wild how pervasive Devil Fruits and everything are in the setting now but in the beginning it’s like “what even is this ‘fruit of the devil’?”

I don’t think that’s a bad thing, it’s fine for the setting to evolve and change after literally 30 years of being published, but just kinda funny how small/insular/ignorant it makes the starting area seem.

1 Like

new final fantasy 7 rebirth trailer dropped

hype levels are intense right now

I thought it was a sequel and not a remake

an ongoing remake

It’s both.

i dare them to make me like cait sith

come on nomura, i’m waiting

is george w okay

Not since he bought the FF7 requel

he’s going to be devastated when he learns there’s going to be a third one

They’re going to pronounce it ‘Kate sith’ aren’t they I can feel it

1 Like

I think yes. They did an announcement about how it was pronounced a few months ago, it was an interesting and not at all toxic discourse.

I think they have since changed their mind but not 100% sure. I always pronounced it as Kate Sith because that’s how I read it as a kid, but I know what it’s based off is not pronounced like that.

They already said they were, which is dumb. They should pronounce it ‘correctly’ but also

I also did this, so I don’t care that much. Guarantee they’re doing it because 99% of FF7 players did the same.

2 Likes

It’s the most logical reading of the name if you don’t have prior knowledge to be honest.

Wonder how Japanese players pronounced it.

It’s not immediately obvious that it’s Irish if you’re not familiar (especially with it being a Japanese game with a main character called Cloud) but it now does bother me that they’re not going to correct it

ケット・シー
Ketto Shii

So pretty close to the ‘correct’ way.

The other problem is by the time they announced the name pronunciation they’d probably completed most of the voice over.

Makes sense.

I do like seeing Japanese games using other cultures’ mythologies, especially since western games so rarely use our own - I hooted and hollered to see Cu Chulainn in Persona

have you ever heard of Fate