Pet peeves: The return (Part 6)

I support this. There’s no way Jayce is just straight.

1 Like

A shame because Ahri was my mid pick.

But also you cannot pay me to play LoL again, I learned to be toxic enough between that and WoW.

Which means I am a complete culture shock to the high school mean girls of FF.

Nothing like them roping me into a swipe left/swipe right of passerbys and me being like; “okay, but i didn’t ask”

1 Like

ok in ten.

I still find it curious how the culture of toxicity varies so much in games and MMOS in particular.

WoW its slurs(and usually very anti-LGBTQ comments) in poorly written english.

In FF its catty high school drama. Alot of trashtalk behind your back and passive-aggressive comments.

1 Like

There’s a simple counter to the military and police stuff for characters in fiction.

They can be good.
That’s how you know it’s a work of fiction.

Edit: Though, also, I do find at least a significant percentage of this cultural stuff is bleed-over from the Americans. Again.

1 Like

So Windows Recall™®©, Microsoft’s “AI” powered totally-not-spyware, is even easier to hack than we thought it would be. People have already found two different ways to do it even without administrator privileges.

It would be funny if it wasn’t so sad.

https://www.wired.com/story/microsoft-windows-recall-privilege-escalation/

4 Likes

I like how they consistently give people more reasons to not go to Windows 11.

2 Likes

I’m already on 11.

Im holding out on 10 until I physically cant anymore.

2 Likes

Can’t decide which campaign to begin in TW3. Dawi, Greenskin, or Empire.
I’d play Throgg, but I have played him like 5 times already (even tho norsca mechanics suck, I love him, esp. with the mod that fixes his voice).

It’s not like they have a choice. Windows 10 will reach end of life in a year and a half.

(I mean, they do have a choice and it’s called Linux, but how many will bother?)

2 Likes

“MROOOOOOW”

“on a list of things asked, how noisy a cat could be was not one of them.”

2 Likes

Never played TW at all, so I dont know if they’re playable, but play Lizardmen.

If I’ve learned anything from Microsoft its that their fear-mongering about “not updating past Windows-versions past ‘x’ date” is the biggest lie they continuously tell themselves and others. A majority of major corporations still use 2008 Windows Server VMWare because Microsoft continues to quietly make sure it doesn’t implode. It’ll likely be the same for Windows 10 where they tut and wag their finger and just keep bringing out updates for it for years anyways because such a large % of their userbase is now on it.

2 Likes

I have played them, as Nakai the Wanderer specifically (big crocodile lord).
His first few turns are quite brutal but after that he just steamrolls. I feel like all horde factions (incl. beastmen) just became super easy with the buffs/changes the horde mechanics gave them.

1 Like

I just spent 3k bronze trying to get enkindle from the gem vendor.

screaming

I just wish they’d let us replay the old campaigns that they added in previous TW’s.

Like if I wanted to do Vortex campaign or the Beastman campaign from the first game, just let me do so damnit. Sometimes you just want something else than just Immortal Empires , fun as that can also be.

Eh, not every policeman is a censored. I got one in the family who’s pretty decent!

Do wish the Muricans would keep their culturewar to themselves.

6 Likes

Most of my immediate family and family friends growing up works or worked in law enforcement in some capacity. The rest in healthcare(primarily Rehab) so I grew up alot with that and in those circles.

And you’re right, there are many who are decent or good people.

The issue is, there are many who are not. And with such a role they often fill, they are in an incredible position of power over people. There is a concerning and quite large amount of law enforcement globally(not just the US) that actively sides and agrees with alot of alt-right groups.

Law enforcement(while a good idea) is also built on maintaining the status quo, which is many cases means standing for and with conservative ideals, and especially in highly authoritarian or troubling nations, they are active enemies to queer people, minorities and those who want societal change.

3 Likes

It seems the screening on who is and is not allowed will just have to get better. I agree it is true that alt-rights often seek these kind of positions.

In some countries they do be like that, yes :frowning:

2 Likes

Sis, WoW has that in spades too. I’ve also seen some very colourful discussions in Ul’dah shout chat.

1 Like