Ah, trade chat.

Honey, i was not the one who called you an AI-beep

person who did "It was me :slight_smile: "

5 Likes

Happy birthday!

1 Like

This person is more likely to summon Elune than Cthulhu :slight_smile:

1 Like

In Warcraft 2, the troll destroyer ships (which seem to have an orcish click voice) say things like “ahoy” and “aye matey”, implying that the ‘pirate accent’ transcends space and time to occur independently on both Azeroth and Draenor.

4 Likes

They also independently decided that Captain is the rank to command ships

1 Like

I just assume it’s a translation from the Orcish counterpart of the sailor accent, though of course I doubt Blizzard put that much thought into it.

1 Like

Don’t like this.

Mostly because it would be nice to see unique takes on it. There was a good head canon i read years ago on why blood/high elf sailors get dubbed sea-hawk a lot in game but i doubt i’ll ever find it.

1 Like

Peeves me that Dracthyr/Evokers are still limited to one.
I want to try a Healvoker through Remix, but guess what? No dice :roll_eyes:

I’m wondering about other Heal or Tank classes, but years of PuGs being Something Awful™ have really ingrained the offputting-ness…

Also not sure if I want to keep my Remix Warlock Zandalari (Demoniac) or make a Dinomancer instead, because, frankly, Zanda dino-druid forms > Darkspear generic forms.

I’ve never understood it for the ‘hero classes’

Used to have to do weird undelete shenanigans with demon hunters, too - just let me make two evokers so I can play Kora as a neutral character, cmon man

2 Likes

That would make sense however I choose to believe the pirate accent is the convergent evolution of accents.

Eventually, all peoples want to yo-ho-yo-ho a pirate’s life for me.

2 Likes

two tusk tony you will always be famous among the loa

1 Like

Maybe pirates in Warcraft work just like north and baltic sea piracy worked in which they adopted the trade language among the routes (since a lot of them already spoke it a little because they used to work as normal sailors). Basically like Low German among the Hanseatic League. You can still find linguistic influences of that in places that were controlled by it.

2 Likes

pfft, no.

Obviously the sea silts your vocal cords giving you the accent which is a gift from the elemental planes of water.

2 Likes

This is the least plausible theory yet I still choose to believe it.

1 Like

I feel like I’m probably in a minority here, but I feel like Outlaw Rogue is just…
I like it, but does anyone actually find Roll the Bones and enjoyable part of the experience? Slice and Dice upkeep is annoying enough, and I don’t really see what they add to the spec in a satisfying way.

I don’t even know what the icons for/half the buffs are because 1) too busy actually fighting, 2) they’re total RNG anyway.
Even the other RNG heavy spec I play, Enhance Shammy, doesn’t feel this weird. Meh…

2 Likes

Its…okay. I tend to prefer assasination but I prefer it over subtelty which I know, is a taboo to say aloud. I get it, its meant to be the pirate/swashbuckler fantasy but its got a generic feel too it. Rip Saber Slash

2 Likes

Roll the Bones is just WeakAuras the spell. You go grab the first best WA for it you like and then you forget about the button unless the WA tells you to press it.

It’s not intended to be played like that.
But there is nothing else anyone ever does with it outside ignoring it.

1 Like

There’s no oomph to it.
I know some people consider it a bit ‘roll keyboard on face to play’, but at least with Ret Pally there’s certain powers I know I can hit and there’s a feeling of payoff? Whether that’s defensives, attack power spike, Ashbringer etc.

Outlaw just… doesn’t have that, I feel? The main thing is realising “Oh, Slice and Dice and/or Roll the Bones is down and needs refreshing again”, as well as having a bunch of CD powers that I just don’t get much chance to use?

Who knows… I’m probably just Bad At Rogue, but. Eh.

1 Like

Very much a ‘Me’ thing/issue, but I just catagorically refused to get WeakAuras. I don’t really Raid/Endgame anyway, but I feel that if you need an/multiple mods to fulfill Playing The Game then there’s something gone very wrong at the dev/game design stage, frankly.