Pet peeves: The return (Part 6)

4 days into the DBD event and i have 400 cobblers.

only 600 to go (I haven’t been getting 100 a day, so I deffo won’t hit 100 tomorrow)

EDIT: Also acquired the almighty need to learn where some of these killers live so i can take their internet away.

Its an event, don’t sweatlord over it and ruin it for everybody else.

A kul-tiran hunter encounters a bear in the woods: “Holy crap a bear!”

A bear encountering a kul-tiran hunter in the woods: “Holy crap a bear with a shotgun!”

I could bearly remember that joke.

In other pawsitive news, my summer holiday of over 5 weeks start tomorrow. Am already back in Finland, went to Sauna the first time in a year, and again tonight. What a time to be alive.

Also, about warhammer previously: I have tried and tryed so many times to pick up Azhag the Slaughterer campaign, but I just can’t wrap my head around him. For context, this is Ironman difficulty, Legend and Very Hard with max ai stat modifiers.

You need to take out Ungrim as soon as possible, but you also need to get up a strong enough army to take him on. Usually nasty skulkers are the way to go, but he brings loads of slayers, making them less useful. But archers are also not good, since he adjusts his forces to dwarf warriors if you bring them along.

You don’t have any magic until you get the crown, but I am unsure what level and army comp should I do the quest battle at, while also pushing at Ungrim.

Oh and to top it all off, you are supposed to expand toward empire/Kislev, but also you need to deal with the dwarves. And all of this is happening at the same time.

I also find it impossible to wield orc armies early on due to the cost, but also Azhag is not really built as a goblin lord.

Any advice would be appreciated. I am currently doing Skarsnik whom I am much more familiar with, and with him things are much more straightforward: Squigs, gobbos and more gobbos. The only thing I lack is anti-large.

Druids walk into the chat.

I have already written a long essaypost about my gripes with Druid’s Hero Talents (Feedback on Druid's Hero Talent fantasies in TWW).

(yes, my peeve is one that i already knew would happen - this was just me screaming into the void because EU forums are dead outside of the AD chat, alas)

it peeves me how this is true regardless of the game. eu forums on life support while na forums are more thriving.

was talking to a friend after they started inquisition and it brought up something i cant help but feel is true.

wow sorely lacks songs. bard songs. their a great little world building tool. they give an insight into a cultures story, figures of myth and history or even just cool little folk-tales.

it is something I adore about elder scrolls online. since base game, every expac has released actually voiced bard songs in taverns throughout the region. A female and male version of equally good quality. (Morrowind’s male versions are sung by Giddeon Emmeris, so by Lorthemar himself.) and their just so pleasing.

Though theres few voiced ones, GW2 has plenty recorded in books so the lyrics at least are there.

despite its hate by certain people, daughter of the sea was a neat cultural tidbit for kul tirans. same goes for song of liu lang for pandaren. and i wish wow expanded on more because the tavern music ingame is always great.

anyways thats my ted talk for today

for the belf fans who wonder can their regent lord sing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfVOeKdRGIA

8 Likes

BRAVE LITTLE SCRIB FANS RISE UP

1 Like

What about our beloved Pillars?

2 Likes

Pillars of Eternity I and II are very good games that you should play before Avowed

Incidentally, Pillars of Eternity II has fantastic sea shanties as well! Whether they’re primarily song by men or women also changes based on your crew composition which is a neat little detail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUyIG3jXTwg

Based on real sea shanties, but the lyrics are peak worldbuilding

4 Likes

Honestly a favourite of mine alongside Dancing among the Flowers fine, Folly of Man, Red Eagle’s song, On Topal Bay, Gonfallon Maid and The Ebonheart Pact.

[screams and cries tears of blood]

acrona has always been pretty cool at least

4 Likes

i now have the mental image of the pillar men of ad and that is not something i needed

2 Likes

google tells me that that’s a jojo’s thing, which i’ve never watched.

levey is baiting me :pensive: we both know that the pillars of AD was just a celebratory self-aggrandisement from a few players

5 Likes

Acrona is an inspiration to all of us. Her art, events, and her own roleplay have always oozed love for the setting and attention to detail.

3 Likes

just imagine the AD pillars of old as massive, buff af and striking dramatic homoerotic poses while catchy aztec trap plays and you got it

shes pretty neat its true

but that makes them sound cool and they weren’t cool at all

5 Likes

valid point

I do distinctly remember being a towering, glistening, dare I say undulating pillar of the community

2 Likes

press to doubt

pics or it didnt happen

Pillar pics are frowned upon on this forum

1 Like