Pet peeves: The return (Part 6)

Mostly being nerds.

1 Like

I played Azata and that was that. (I’m so unpredictable.)

Truth be told, I have no interest in playing the other paths even if I wanted to replay the game again.

Alas, my hopes of an elvish nature spellcaster-fighter did not come true in either of the Pathfinder games. BG3 mildly let me be something closer with the Shillelagh cantrip, but still… :pensive::fist:

1 Like

I see, I see…

Continue.

1 Like

We said “It’s wrathing of the righteous time” and then wrathed our righteousness all over the place.

4 Likes

Everytime a “Pillar” felt important, the rest of AD be like:

Also, on the topic of wow lacking bards and songs, I happened to find an old adaptation I made myself, long ago. It’s the warsong When Johnny Comes Marching Home adapted to warcraft , where it’s called “When King Wrynn Comes Marching Home.”

It’s not particulary great, most of the text is still pretty much the same as the original, but who knows if someone ever decides to use it IC , that could be funny:

When King Wrynn comes marching home again,
Hurrah! Hurrah!
We’ll give him a hearty welcome then,
Hurrah! Hurrah!
Oh, the men will cheer the boys will shout
The ladies they will all turn out,
And we’ll all feel gay
When King Wrynn comes marching home.
And we’ll all feel gay

Get ready for the Jubilee,
Hurrah! Hurrah!
We’ll give the great king three times three,
Hurrah! Hurrah!
Well, the laurel wreath is ready now
To place upon his royal brow,
And we’ll all feel gay
And we’ll all feel gay

In after Portal the year-one
Hurrah! Hurrah!
That was when the war begun,
Hurrah! Hurrah!
In after Portal the year-two,
Both sides were falling to,
And we’ll all drink stone wine,
And we’ll all drink elf wine,

In after Portal the year-three,
Hurrah! Hurrah!
Old Llane he lead heroic’ly
Hurrah! Hurrah!
In after Portal the year-three
Old Lothar lead us safely

In after Portal the year-four,
Hurrah! Hurrah!
Llane called for five hundred thousand more,
Hurrah! Hurrah!
In after Portal the year-five,
Stormwind was lost to orcish strife;
And we’ll all drink elf wine
And we’ll all drink elf wine

I also had a Fourth War adaptation featuring Sylvanas, but I lost that one, and I deliberately stuck to “King Wrynn” because I like to think it’d be a song that changed throughout Stormwind’s history, and like this could be used for every Stormwind King. And later it maybe even became an Alliance war-song, for the humans atleast.

2 Likes

British navy shanties for kul tiran characters is also a freebie, Heart of Oak was a solid one and the name of my (very short lived) guild

1 Like

Ace Attorney Investigations is geting its first official english translation, which means some of the fan-named characters are getting official names too for the first time.

Ray Shields->Eddie Fender (“A Defender” - he’s a defense attorney)
Justine Courtney->Verity Gavélle (she’s a judge, with a gavel)
Sebastian DeBeste->Eustace Winner (he’s a big loser, who is not the best)

Just don’t let certain people pick songs for the Forsaken again… it’s raining… I don’t want to go outside and egg someone’s house.

5 Likes

Do elaborate on this one? I think I have a hunch but, I want to know if we’re thinking the same thing.

1 Like

Look at the camp in Hillsbrad
Observe the random German accents some people use for their Forsaken chars

Arrive at the same hunch.

5 Likes

Oh. Oh no.

It’s a complaint I’ve heard about some prominent Forsaken guilds in the past…

1 Like

Youd think some of the very specific german names would have been the red flag.

Do i dare ask?

1 Like

May as well buy the arsenals and ensembles for classes I am not rerolling (or can’t-- stares at Evoker)

Should probs then just delete my hunter, she’s gotten everything i wanted and I did not plan to keep her.

1 Like

Forsaken and Scarlet RP. Considering the two are basically entirely at odds with one another, it’s honestly kind of weird (but sadly not too surprising) that both have attracted the attention of weirdos.

3 Likes

It’s really, really annoying to deal with when you dip over to this place from a German server. We had odd people, sure, but stuff like that got you kicked real fast.

German marching songs hand picked to the finest dogwhistling at times.

Mind you, some of them were perfectly normal songs, just older. But there was a certain pattern strewn in which was beyond eye-rolling levels of ugh.

2 Likes

The Scarlet Crusade is one of those concepts I’d be super interested in playing or interacting with if the playerbase traditionally wasn’t so uhh, well, into it

It felt very on the nose. Could’ve at least gone for the (very cool) Landsknecht ones (and like all but two of those are entirely ahistorical and from the interwar period as well so :^) )

4 Likes

Lordaeron being reimagined as German was a nice way to differentiate them from the other kingdoms, but it did also leave Those People a lot of room

3 Likes

thought as much.

Also funny because I am watching a video on certain author and her recent holocaust denial.

2 Likes