Pet peeves: The return (Part 6)

I got to 41 on the pandalock.

2 Likes
3 Likes

I know the topic has passed but I saw a lot of takes and had a good laugh.

(For context, was an officer for a time)

The PCU had bad apples, but afaik it seems people were conflating two people into one: Morsteth and Stormbinder. Afaik only the former was a GM (the latter was IRL friends with Perroy) and ended up killing the PCU albeit indirectly funnily enough.

What happened was that Perroy and some folks created and ran a custom NWN server and eventually Morsteth and friends were whining about current WoW and RP, which resulted in other officers being fed up and leaving to create their own discord server, fractured but whole.

COAD is insane and tbh a lot of what it spread was BS, whatever points it tried to make were obfuscated by misinformation and doctored images and text, to the point where the PCU folks sometimes baited it into posting things.

Yeah, that’s about it afaik.

3 Likes

Same.

3 Likes

Same tho’.

1 Like

Tip:
If you are collecting the special class weapons/armour sets from the Ensemble vendor.
In the top right corner there is a drop down Menu, set it to all so you can buy the other classes as well.

2 Likes

Its a good tip i thought id have to do it with several classes.

…i mean im still levelling as much as i can. Levelled a mistweaver to 70 in 5 hours, slow i know.

The new mage specs in DAVe are Evoker (elemental magics), Death Caller (necro), and Spellblade (which has a Crow symbol next to it, implying Rogue-Mage instead of Warrior-Mage).

I’d been kinda hoping for warrior-mage again but rogue-mage works too, especially since the secondary weapon for mages is apparently magic dagger(s).

3 Likes

For my part I’m completely aware that they’re separate if equally toxic people. I was referring to them separately in my posts.

I do think that the latter was also a GM for a very short time (Chosen of Draenor maybe?), but I could be mistaken.

5 Likes

You get an emote

1 Like

Sorry, I know the discussion sort of ended on this one, but I’m a returning player who left the community years ago because of the toxicity inflicted on it by the PCU leadership (not the vast majority of members, who were and remain cool people), so it is a little vindicating to read that this is now actually being discussed.

I endured some direct abuse from them myself, in my time, but it honestly made me uncomfortable just how much they dominated the conversation here for so long. So I am honestly quite glad to see that people are more open about this now.

Anyway. Hi.

7 Likes

I am just trying to set the record straight as it were but yes they are both absolute scum.

As for CoD, no, I only remember him being a member at best for any guild he was in.

1 Like

go to shop to buy 1 (one) pot of paint

it’s out of stock

go home with a new plastic tank miniature

oh no

1 Like

mother

2 Likes

I banned him from the discord so many times you don’t even know

(You specifically probably know)

5 Likes

This also means that he was repeatedly unbanned and invited back in by others, which unfortunately says a lot more than you, as an individual, having the right mindset.

3 Likes

Trust me it was never without the protest of almost everyone else, privately or publicly. But yes, it does speak unfortunate volumes as to the undue influence of a few over the many - such is the double-edged sword of holding lofty positions in a community, through merit or otherwise.

1 Like

I hate the solo scenario, “a little patience”

I actually really dislike the alliance side of Landfall, so many tedious quests that horde dodge.

Brewing Storm is also annoying because how slow it is.

1 Like

That circles around to a point made yesterday that, if your community leaders are actively enabling a person like that, then maybe these aren’t people whose community you should be in. Presumably if there had been enough people saying ‘yeah no’ they could have moved elsewhere and made their own thing, problematic clown-free.

4 Likes