Pet peeves: The return (Part 6)

The Wolves are handy, but you do get better spirits over time.
NPC summons can be handy, just bear in mind each summon increases the Boss’s HP by a %, even NPC summons instead of players.

Otherwise; they are tools in game. They are there to be used. Players who rage about that can go touch grace tbqh.

1 Like

One feature of the soulsborne games that people forget is that they desperately want you to overcome them, they give you every opportunity and tool and power they can to help you win

3 Likes

wait what. why

if that was the case demon’s souls would have had a bonfire or whatever anywhere in the first level

dumb game

'cos more bodies=more HP

It’s still almost universally still worth it to summon friends though.

To be fair just having an NPC to distract the boss while I run away and hide is worthwhile.

My win against Godrick was predicated on the barbarian lady taking most of the brunt of his assault while I ran in and out jump attacking him.

I’m running a claymore and a shield because it hits hard and also I can protect myself because I can’t dodge with a damn. Guard counter also goes hard in most instances.

I know you mean the sword but the idea of you running at enemies with an anti-personnel shrapnel mine like anchorman is extremely funny

2 Likes

i feel like strapping one of those to your shield would work quite well

even better if you can do the breath of the wild/tears of the kingdom shield bomb trick

so long as you get the right side facing the enemy

i get it right 50% of the time

what would really help me in this game though is if i remembered that ashes of war are a thing and i should be using them

i get so flustered in battle that remembering that i can improve my block with barricade shield might have really helped me in a few situations

Bear in mind sometimes its worth having no ash on your shield, so you can use your weapon ash instead.

If you want to go guard counter heavy (I have this build) a Greatshield is your best bet.
The Godrick knights at the earliest graces can be farmed for them, though theirs is very heavy. Greatshields are good, as a lot of times foes will recoil on hitting the shield, which doesn’t happen on medium shields.
This renders some later game enemies laughably easier than they are otherwise.

I don’t know if I have enough stamina for equipping a greatshield, although I do have one from that first camp. At the moment I’m using the brass shield because people told me it blocks 100% physical which has been working well for me.

I’ll try equipping the greatshield later to see where I’m at with endurance.

1 Like

Brass Shield is Very Good, yes. It’s one of if not The best medium shield for counter builds.

Its just the rebound from greatshields makes it even easier.
Level Vigor, Endurance and Strength, and you can’t go far wrong :smile:

that’s what i’ve been doing. my vigor is slightly higher than my endurance at the moment, i pumped endurance high recently because i picked up the banished knight armour and it was heavier than the knight armour i bought

but then i hated how it looked so i went back to my knight armour for the aesthetic

strength is lagging behind at like 18 or 19 at the moment

If you can get the turtle shield, i highly advise using that.

I am stuck on the next DLC boss, I may need to actually… you know… maybe go kill Fire Giant so I can upgrade Dung Eater because boss i am stuck on is bleedable.

I think I picked this up.

What makes it good?

Boosts stam recovery speed.

Also the shield the challenge runners use to block Malenia’s first part of Waterfowl Dance but you don’t have to worry about that for some time.

can’t hurt the turt

If you want a lightweight greatshield, Jellyfish Shield does wonders.

EDIT: Generally speaking though, Great Turtle Shield is very good, even if you just have it on your back when you’re 2H-ing your weapon, it still gives the stam boost.

i will only wear things that are aesthetically pleasing

1 Like

Okay well, this is what the Jellyfish Shield looks like;

And here’s the turtle shield;