Pet peeves: The return (Part 6)

honestly I’d do the same, solidarity to your daughter

1 Like

i’m assuming it’s an in joke because everytime i see a turtle there is always a note next to it saying exactly that

i didn’t realise how much harder the game is with no online connection to see the notes until i gave up and bought a playstation subscription for it. they came in super handy in stormveil castle

1 Like

Watching the phantoms from the blood puddles is a lot of content.

And yes, :turtle: = :dog2:

:dragon: = :racehorse:
or
:dragon: = :dog2:

all of the ones i’ve seen have been people accidentally rolling off of ledges

Not mainline entries…I was hoping for some sort of multiplayer game. See, I’d love the MMO if I could only get around the story. So I guess to make my question more specific: is there an online option for Final Fantasy games which allows me to step around storyline and just RP with other people like we do in WoW?

It’s either that or people dying horribly to things while you’re standing around in a seemingly empty corridor.

Yeah not really, unfortunately. 14 is the only real option out there and it’s very heavily tied into understanding the story and setting on some level.

But again, Lintian can answer this question better when she emerges.

1 Like

I’ll ready the summoning ritual

ahem

Wow, Tolkein elves are kind of cool, but where can I possibly find out more about them?

2 Likes

i miss when this used to work on telaryn by talking about kotor2

Not really, outside of buying story skips for 14 for cash money. The only online games are 14 and 11, both of which are MMOs. Stranges of Paradise has co-op iirc but that’s not really the sort of thing you’re talking about.

1 Like

i was only really able to enjoy ff14’s story by binging it over COVID, if i had to try and play it now with all of my work + increased family commitments it just wouldn’t work with the way the quests are paced

probably why i haven’t really done the post base endwalker story and am not returning for dawntrail

2 Likes

if im being honest king, same. i hope people can enjoy dawntrail but i aint vibing with it enough to try and make the time for it. family commitments are making long term gaming hard.

also the complaints about wuk lamat having a trans VA and femhroths in general have been driving me round the bend

1 Like

lintian spotted

1 Like

If I’ve understood correctly, you and Akamito are facing a similar issue to me even though you guys play the game and I don’t. Is that correct?

1 Like

I dream of the day when people are judged not by what’s in their pants, nor by what used to be in their pants, but by what they’re like as people and how well they fit the jobs they were hired for.

I don’t know anything about Wuk Lamat’s VA, but her voice is great.

8 Likes

Possibly, the difference being that I burned through FF14 up to the end of Shadowbringers during COVID when I was “working” from home and had working hours free to mess around on my home PC.

I definitely wouldn’t be able to put in the countless hours required just to get through the story now I’m back in the office again.

1 Like

it’s a good place to be.

i recently learned that iron bull’s VA is transphobic even though the bull himself is explicitly accepting of Krem and it was a gutpunch

4 Likes

i only know shes xiv’s first (to my knowledge) trans-fem va and she seems a sweetheart who loves the job and does great work with it.

yeah i. saw this today and it made me feel like :poop: because who tf doesnt love bull. id say it ruined Cortez as well but… james never did himself much favour.

cullen now bull…never put vas on a pedestal folks

1 Like

What is it with DA VCs?

My partner sent me a tweet going ‘RIP Dammon’s VA you would’ve loved private twitter likes’ and I made a noise like a dying seal

6 Likes