Pet peeves: The return (Part 6)

Mine is essentially…

• Shepard became the new human councilor for ten years and spearheaded rebuilding the galaxy after the Reaper war, despite being a target of unsubstantiated rumors and slander, especially from human supremacists who considered her an alien sellout. Eventually she resigned, citing tiredness of politics.
  • Liara stayed the Shadow Broker for the rebuilding period, then destroyed the organization and eventually focused on Prothean research and long-term survival of the galaxy in case of another crisis. She also married Shepard, of course.
  • Ashley took over the SR-2 after Shepard retired from the military. James and Joker flew under her on peacekeeping missions for a while, but when the SR-2 (and EDI) was decommissioned as a museum ship, Joker became its curator.
  • Garrus led search and rescue missions in turian space, and later, in more peaceful times, eventually became a Spectre, pursuing justice in the seedier regions with more mindfulness than in his Archangel days.
  • Tali became the quarian ambassador to the Citadel, worked on improving relations with the geth, and eventually lobbied to have them granted citizen rights.
  • Wrex left Tuchanka to spearhead krogan settlement of more hospitable worlds. Grunt is one of his top military commanders, but Wrex considers him a loose cannon and prefers to send him on offworld missions to keep him occupied.
  • Miranda joined the Alliance engineering corps, planning infrastructure for the numerous restoration projects. She also declassified Cerberus files on the Lazarus project, enriching the galaxy’s medical knowledge.
  • Jack, with the help of Liara’s Shadow Broker files, found her parents who lost her to Cerberus as an infant, but her criminal past still haunts her. She became protective of David Archer as a fellow former victim of Cerberus.
  • Samara lived with Falere near the ruined monastery on Lesuss, seeing herself as a relic of morally simpler times, until, thanks to Liara pulling some strings, Falere was granted permission to return to Thessia and live as a regular citizen. Samara followed her.
  • Kasumi disappeared after the war, only surfacing twice: once to give Donovan Hock’s disgraced and impoverished widow a donation from one Alison Gunn, and once to return a collection of long lost, presumed stolen artifacts to the Alliance.
  • Zaeed caught Vido Santiago, turned him in to Aria, and retired to a luxury estate on Elysium, where he peacefully passed away.
  • Conrad Verner became the star of a corny but popular sci-fi show about a space hero.

(I’d have written some things differently now, but this was written in 2015.)

4 Likes

my shepard kisses liara and samara and traynor and they all breast boobily together. the end.

garrus probably gunned down a minority in the presidium and escaped consequences via the citadel’s police union interfering with the due process concerning his obvious lust for police brutality (remember: he laments that he can’t judge dredd lawbreakers)

3 Likes

Did you post it on your site?

No. It’s kind of old shame and I don’t post stories on my site anyway.

1 Like

my shepard kissed liara, wingman’d for garrus and raised grunt as their lesbian child the end.

1 Like

made an edit concerning how poorly garrus has aged

I really like these endings!

Also I like how everyone here is so gay for Liara. Her and Shepard are a very lovely couple.

3 Likes

while i agree, acab.

…no run still feels right without him

i would also be for tali and jack but alas bioware…

2 Likes

garrus watched too many Law And Order episodes and went crazy, we hate to see it

2 Likes

I also imagine my Shepard keeping up correspondence with Kolyat, checking in now and then to see how he is doing and just generally being there in his life, which I imagine Thane would have been happy with.

1 Like

my femshep looking for a polycule and despising the turian government
“I can fix him.”

He does switch from police to direct action [gunning down crime bosses] so the lgbt community is willing to consider forgiving him

1 Like

I’ve seen a fair share of people who claims hardening him and letting him kill the guy in 2 is the “good choice”, and I am just like…

Absolutely not. No no no.

2 Likes

Speak for yourself.

honestly the funniest people are the ones who hate garrus coz hes judge dredd but simp for ashley whose judge dredd but only if your an alien

1 Like

See my issue is that its a tough spot with the ME1 companions.

Ashley is really frustrating to deal with in ME3 and in ME1 she is pretty racist.

Meanwhile Kaidan is extremely boring, also a bit annoying in ME3 and if you speak to him ONCE as femshep in ME1 outside of cutscenes, the game assumes you are going for romance with him and every character will say how close you two are. You’ve spoken exactly once.

2 Likes

Mass Effect Trilogy deserved the full remake treatment.
I could have fixed it all.
Games companies (i.e. the bigwigs up top, not actual game devs) are cowards and their bloodlines should not survive.

1 Like

me speaking to ashley once
me flirting with liara in ME1 every chance i got
game: “oh so your trying to romance them both? get ready for ashley to make you choose between them with asari slurs.”

3 Likes

Annual reminder that the original version of ME3 was that the Reapers did their harvesting in order to try and both delay(and also learn how to prevent or how to outlive) the heat death of the universe. With a strong focus on how the useage of element zero and biotic powers accelerated us towards this end(Haestrom in ME2 was a teaser for this plot, with the star going through its lifecycle quicker than normal).

But EA higher ups thought the fans wouldn’t understand this plot and asked them to simplify it, resulting in the Star Child.

4 Likes

Hatehatehatehate…