Pet peeves: The return (Part 7)

just googled and they have become just the Rays so they are now dead to me, being manta rays was the coolest possible thing

Their City Connect jersey was cool. Largely because a skateboarding ray is awesome.

5 Likes

Okay, what the heck

I spent a week in a row mostly in bed recovering from sheer physical and mental exhaustion

Started speaking Russian and it came out with a Sindarin accent?

6 Likes

Nokron the Eternal City gotta be the coolest zone ever. Love it.

3 Likes

That game has no many incredible vistas that evoke just pure adventure vibes, making you want to reach the cool mage castle in the distance, or the weird mountain with all the corpses you can see in Altus Plateu.

But nothing compares to first going to Siofra river, seeing Mohg’s palace in the distance and knowing there’s something substantial there. But you’re not ready yet.

Then after Radahn, you venture down into Nokron, and… still, you discover this rlly sick looking city and still, the palace is outside your reach.

That game has phenomenal vibes.

1 Like

Except Caelid. I have never wanted to be in a place less. Genuinely awful vibes.

Is that the big greek looking temple really far up where the sky is red?

1 Like

I begin panicking as I realise you’ve not been there, but yeah. Like Todd said, see that mountain? You can climb it.

So true.

[Bravely] I like Caelid.

Alright Miyazaki. You like your poison swamps.

I figured it was somewhere I’d go eventually given how distinctive it is. I realised last night that Nokron is above the Sofira river where I was earlier, which is cool.

Worried about you. You ok hun??

The idea of going back there makes me not want to play. It’s not that the enemies are hard, they’re reasonable, it’s just a really unpleasant vibe that I don’t want to be in.

1 Like

That’s why it’s good.

Caelid sucks, it’s a bad place, and that’s why it’s good.

Caelid is wonderful at being a Truly Terrible Place.

the only enemy that has really given me trouble so far is the scarlet rot dragon in south caelid

i’ve given it a few attempts and it’s not hard per se it’s just my damage output isn’t really cutting it. eventually i get caught up in scarlet rot and can’t cleanse myself fast enough

might have to come back to it later after a few more claymore upgrades

2 Likes

I’m about half of the way through Ranma but it’s kinda hard to tell since it’s very much written as a “situation of the week” style thing with not a whole lot of character progression outside of adding some new features to the cast. I do think it’s kinda cool that for the most part while Ranma does want to get rid of his curse he’s got very little drama about going girlmode, dressing cute, and flirting with men (though only ever out of self-interest rather than actual romantic desire).

I could absolutely do without Happosai though. Old man underwear thief may have flown as a gag in the 90s but it’s so woefully dated and cringe now. While the rest of the cast violently object to his antics, at least so far it hasn’t stopped and he keeps cropping up. If I’m giving the author her due, Happosai sucking and not getting any permanent comeuppance is the deliberate, unfortunate reflection of society.

Still praying for his death later though :pray:

A sophisticated weapon.

1 Like

as soon as i took it in my hands, i knew that i would never set it down again

this is the one

3 Likes

Chronicles is out and lore nerds are going over it

There are many retcons and story decisions that can only be described as comically bad

Also it’s canonically the Horde’s fault that xal’atath got loose

4 Likes

[Heroic Alliance Orchestral Music in the Distance]

Also despite Uldir being the finale of the entire Zandalar story its. . .canonically done by the Alliance. . .with no Horde involvement?

Clearly khadgar, noted troll hater, also wrote this section

Closure for Talanji? Culmination of the entire zuldazar story, potential setup for trolls hating the titans and MOTHER specifically? Nah son we got dwarf stuff

2 Likes