Pet peeves: The return (Part 7)

A friend did this to me once as a joke and I honestly got so freaking flustered.

2 Likes

everyone thinks their immune to the wall-push/kabbadon til it happens to them…

2 Likes

Normalize telling your friends that they are cute.

Especially for the men, who seem starved for compliments.

Also all of you here are cute

1 Like

I can sustain myself quite well on my once-a-year non-mum compliment just fine, thank you!!!

1 Like

everyone’s vibing until I tell them to move to larboard.

3 Likes

tell a man he’s cute and he’ll remember it til hes on his deathbed.

i cast thee back to hell omega

6 Likes

dragonquest 11 would be a significantly better game if the soundtrack had more than like 10 tracks and they weren’t so short and repetitive

It’s pretty sad, even if also weirdly sweet.

But it’s also things like: I can compliment a guy and then wonder if they took it as that or if they thought I was flirting.

Meanwhile, I could very likely easily be blunt and straight forward with a sapphic woman and she wouldn’t get the hint, and just think it as playful banter.

1 Like

The soundtrack guy (Koichi Sugiyama) sucked as a person and his approach to his music also sucked (for fans, though I assume he made some decent scratch out of it). He’d produce full scores of his work with orchestra and release separate albums of them…and then only use synth instruments for the OST that’s actually in the games.

Since he died in 2021 I assume DQ12’s gonna mix things up a bit.

I heard that the original release was MIDI as well so it’s really cringe.

The actual game is very good but the towns all have the same theme bar one or two and it’s just really uninspired.

We should all go back to playing Adventure Quest and Dragon Fable

3 Likes

fable mentioned

nostalgia triggered

3 Likes

I love these games. Their humor is so stupid and its very endearing.

My partner flirted with me by saying ‘hey, I’m gonna come over and visit you. and I’m spending the night.’ and I was like ‘aww that’s sweet but where will she sleep’

Okay so I need to talk about how cool the goblins are in AQ - they have the usual trope of stealing treasure but you quickly find out that’s because they’re obsessed not with gold but with boxes. In the MMO they made, the goblins have a tree fort and on the forest floor there’s an absolutely titanic pile of gold and gems because the goblins steal treasure chests and then empty out all the boring useless gold to get to The Good Stuff (an empty box)

I love them

1 Like

Sneevils are honestly peak comedy and its so hilarious that they think anything inside the boxes are completely useless.

11/10, best most useless villains.

If the box is full of magic artifacts, how am I supposed to fit my head inside it?

Checkmate atheists

1 Like

Only too bad that if you look into it, the Greyjoys and the Ironborn are rather, well… pathetic.

Their culture of raiding can only exist because others craft stuff, and despite their seamanship, whenever the mainland -does- decide they’re getting too uppity, they tend to get beaten resoundingly.

Also on the topic of tall, I am 1.96m myself, yet ( even if I don’t rp them) I do love dwarves in fantasy alot.

Unironically true.

Whoever designed the Bell Bearing Hunter in Elden Ring, actually get in the sea.

Absolute pinacle of all the purposeful design choices I Hate in this game; breaks the trinity rule by being Fast AND Tanky And Hits like a truck, input reading cheatery out the wazzoo, AND every other attack is a delayed attack.

I despise ‘gotcha’ game design.

classic viking faction, really (and by that I really do mean the vikings and not the overall inhabitants of Scandinavia at the time!)

1 Like

Does make me wonder, how come Martin chose mostly galleys and trirems as ships for his world?