Pet peeves: The return (Part 7)

Had almost a week with no Elden Ring. Dipped back in last night quite late after everyone had gone to bed and thought I might have lost my edge after I got chased away by a runebear.

Then I ended up fighting Lightdragon Frenchname and let me tell you chat, it was an exhilarating battle. He fell on attempt one, but so close was the battle that in the final strike I didn’t notice the lightning charge above me and so died moments later.

Perhaps I am still king.

Then sometime later I faced off against a giant void insect called Astel. He was significantly easier and also fell on attempt one with flasks and health left to spare.

My reign of domination continues.

Side point. Why does the Tarnished feel compelled to just climb into coffins and sleep in them?

4 Likes

Runebears are the literal spawn of satan, there is no shame in finding them hard. Horrendous creatures. The late game ones are pure evil.

It was in a cave in Deeproot Depths and I gave it a good try but I was barely hurting it while he was chunking through my health at rapid pace.

The retreat felt bad, but I knew it wasn’t worth the effort.

Also, who the hell designed the lake of rot? Two of the worst mechanics in the game, scarlet rot and basilisks in the same place? Very uncool.

1 Like

chaotic eepy

3 Likes

tarnished sees a coffin teetering on the edge of a scarlet rot waterfall that leads into an empty abyss

crawls in to take a nap. wakes up somewhere entirely different in the hive of some kind of starfaring void insect horror

The only place in lands between where the poor guy can catch some ZZZ’s. Everywhere else is full of hostile mobs, or can be invaded into.

2 Likes

The funny thing is, Lake of Rot is trivialised by Flame, Cleanse Me and just running.

Basilisks? Horrible stinky red pool of nope? You don’t have to stand for that! Hit the bricks, we are OUTTA here.

Going through it co-op, now, that can get spicy.
Runebears are 110%the worst, though.

this is exactly how i progressed. although i have very little FP because I’ve spent no points in it so it only just got me to the other side and I had to use a bollus to cleanse it the last time

ran away from them all

1 Like

83% Humidity right now. I’m swimming. I had to walk in that. I’m soaked.

1 Like

97% humidity here according to the Beeb’s weather, but it doesn’t feel it because I’m inside and it’s raining outside

1 Like

I do not like the new UI.

Imgur

1 Like

I can’t say exactly why, but it feels more dense and heavier in some way compared to the DF one.

3 Likes

they took away all of my action bars and i’m lost and confused

2 Likes

How is it possible for a game this big… With so many developers and technicians to screw up systems from past expansions with the new ones?

Been trying to farm stuff from Shadowlands, Path of Ascension, and all of a sudden progress isn’t being tracked, bosses can’t be selected… And it’ll take weeks before blizz will fix it.

Does that count as a pet peeve? :smirk:

1 Like

no, sorry.

it has to be about anything at all that isn’t WoW and shouldn’t be a peeve at all

It’s been joked about WoW having “spaghetti code” for decades, but it is very likely somewhat true.

Everything is just built over other things, and then suddenly if they make the smallest change, it all breaks and falls apart in unexpected ways.

I remember people talking about how way back in Wrath and Cata, there was a random rock in the barrens that if removed from the game, it just crashed everything.

I’m just going to leave this here. :smirk:

Nawh, alrighty then!

And then calling that out, by change in a (raid) group. People get upset for calling Blizzard out on such. This game is so fun! :joy:

1 Like

Today’s pet peeve is a frequent one

TRP OOC information: art in about!

Looks in about: generative AI

:angry:

9 Likes

You just know they’re gonna give one of the biggest rants ever if you also bring up that you don’t like AI images.

The very least they could do is stop misleading people and acknowledge it’s just gonna be ai slop :pensive:

3 Likes