Pet peeves: The return (Part 7)

hello i am an ai prompt engineer

yes it’s a real skill and it’s very serious and important

6 Likes

if it destroys the environment like corporations do, that means it’s legit

Or it’s stolen artwork.

Got people using some of my commissioned art (various chars) on That One Illegal Server. SMH.

4 Likes

in both cases it’s a matter of theft, since ai generated slop is predicated on image scraping

5 Likes

And we hates it!

4 Likes

We hates it, precious

5 Likes

Wasn’t there some absolute sleezebag of a person like two years ago that made the rounds on the forums several times for tracing (and even outright just stealing full pictures) and re-selling them?

4 Likes

I only remember someone using artbreeder and pretending it was their own art + taking commissions using it

3 Likes

I remember that too, but I swear there was also someone on AA who was uploading like 5 pictures per day and doing commissions, and it was all either traced or completely stolen.

It’s a pain how prevalent generated images are on AA too

4 Likes

I’ve watched the first hour of The Hobbit M4 fan edit, up until the departure from Rivendell.

I can definitely recommend it over the official cut. Much closer to the book, most of the inappropriate material is removed, and the overall flow is better. In particular, the scenes with Radagast, Azog, Galadriel and Saruman are all cut. I’d definitely show this version to people new to Middle-earth, over the theatrical one.

Since it’s 4 hours 18 minutes long, it might be worth watching as two movies rather than one. There’s an intermission between the Eagles and Beorn, same as between the first and second theatrical movies, that makes for a nice break.

5 Likes

Sickness must be purged.

3 Likes

What’s this referring to?

i must have missed something really spicy when i watched it

I was gonna ask if they cut the love drama between Tauriel, Kili and Legolas. Tauriel is cool and I like her, but Legolas inclusion felt pointless, especially with it coming at the expense of Thranduil. I also just really don’t like the romance plot at all.

1 Like

Body humor, original events invented for the movie (like Smaug being chased by the dwarves and coated in gold), pointless LOTR references, etc.

They cut the love drama, yes. Tauriel in that cut is just one of many background elves, and Legolas only appears in the scene where the dwarves are surrounded and captured in Mirkwood.

Here’s the full list of changes: https://m4-studios.github.io/hobbitbookedit/#overall

2 Likes

The first note of the small visual update is very interesting. The hobbit always felt like everything was CGI and like they hadn’t shot anything even remotely outside or on a set. (They probably did, but they also added a ton of CGI over every scene to the point that even outdoor shots looks kinda fake.)

Weird how a little filter and fix to lighting and make that look less like it.

1 Like

On Chaos Archives they’re explicitly banned, so you’re welcome to report any that you see. I’ve deleted a couple.

7 Likes

Reminds me of the fact that recently in Russia they’ve been struggling with power outages among other things, and Putin legit went and blamed the cryptobros.

There’s been many, sadly. Only one I remember is “batbaby” who traces and did AI.

4 Likes