Pet peeves: The return (Part 7)

i wish other races had the tired and deranged face option

3 Likes

show me the shins

1 Like

i am an enlightened gnome warrior truther

1 Like

re. generative ai, i’m pretty fortunate to not be any circles of people who think it’s okay or defend it. everyone’s unanimously against it.

sadly i know that we may not even be the majority given how prevalent it is elsewhere

8 Likes

some discord circles im in or former rp circles have become really AI dependent and its just sad to see. immediate friends have no taste for it which im at least thankful for.

is it harsh to find it hard to be friends with someone whose a hardline ai bro? maybe but ive no tolerance for theft

3 Likes

vomits profusely just don’t get it

5 Likes

I feel the need to share the cursed knowledge that Lord Stormsong’s first name was Colm

3 Likes

[Dutch van der Line voice] “Coolllmm…”

1 Like

a fine irish name to be sure to be sure to be sure

A minor positive snippet of news: DAVe has confirmed that, when purchased through Steam, it will only require Steam, no EA launcher stuff required.

Also for Akamito the Steam Deck Master, it’s also steam deck compatible.

3 Likes

with a name that irish and an accent that obnoxiously english he was a norn irelander for sure

i bet he was a unionist

1 Like

the fact he shares va with baine is the icing on top

well he DID swear fealty to an ancient queen that should have been dust years ago so yeah that tracks

3 Likes

https://x.com/stephentotilo/status/1816556195655684566

BREAKING: SAG-AFTRA video game voice/performance actors are going on strike at midnight tonight. Basically over AI

“We’re not going to consent to a contract that allows companies to abuse A.I. to the detriment of our members. Enough is enough.” - AG-AFTRA President Fran Drescher

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GTW0NeVX0AE0ab9?format=png&name=large

May their strike be swift and successful.

6 Likes

That’s my gnomes face!

(as a reminder)

2 Likes

be blessed, I think I’ve lost my silent war against my entire ttrpg group on it

I continue to hold the line (I’m their GM and from now on all NPC reference pictures are classical paintings :sunglasses: )

8 Likes

monkey paw curls a finger

the entire xiv voice cast is replaced again.

actually just got a traumatized flashback to the time like a month ago where in some conversation I brought up the classic Games Workshop ‘wizard with a gun’ miniature (it’s not!gandalf with an smg) and everyone thought that was a pretty funny looking guy and someone spontaneously started generating images of a wizard with a gun miniature

like what’s the point (the point was that i went to get myself an aperol while questioning this, which i think got my stance across?)

anyways the gods have thus decided that from now on there shall be no more ‘modern standard handsome NPCs’ and everyone is instead ‘renaissance painting handsome’ which I believe is actually cool + atmospheric since, well, warhammer’s empire is fantasy renaissance germany anyways

3 Likes

“But muh slurry Average A.I. slop images-!”

-Force feeds them John Blanche art until they repent of their sins!-

5 Likes

did you mean: the dark rose elspeth von draken

1 Like

This guy!

https://external-preview.redd.it/g_AXwj7lOneyfsf-poz8ecuB5SUiD3SZEsWc-pT01kA.jpg?auto=webp&s=37a35183a48b821734943992d084b06d24f72eba

I introduced a brand new 40k player in my local group to John Blanche art and his mind has honestly been awakened

5 Likes