Pet peeves: The return (Part 7)

Thanks, I do appreciate it.

Frustratingly, it’s one of those where Im like “Ok, but maybe I’m not and I just need to Do Better for a little bit?” while also feeling like I have a smiley mask on while the inside of my head curdles under pressure, while also my friend who has recently been assessed/diagnosed (can’t remember which) has pointed out “Yeah, but you basically tick all the same boxes as I do?”

But… yay waiting and uncertainty, I guess ._.

1 Like

not me my sole evil playthrough was as a human mage.

brought leliana with me to haven and desecrated the sacred ashes :slight_smile:

2 Likes

you didn’t even need to unlock reaver, that’s cold

2 Likes

i didnt even use oghren or sten that run either! just alistair who stood there and took it…

younger me was a tad psychotic i think

1 Like

Unrelated: Reavers are by far one of the coolest things about dragon age and they have never been explored, they are grey wardens who have to bleed a dragon instead of taking out some random hurlock

2 Likes

i remember when i was playing the ttrpg our warden group member went down this path. ngl it was some of the rawest character development we’d seen considering the game started with us being nearly murdered by the same high dragon he bled

2 Likes

They’re also stupidly overpowered in basically every version of the games and pretty fun to play.

DAI reaver in particular is so funny yet so broken. Only matched by Knight Enchanter. And in the Multiplayer, it has no match.

3 Likes

why cut yourself to fuel magic when everyone around you are walking sacks of blood in a convenient fragile container

1 Like

“nooo using blood to fuel your power is wrong! that’s a living creature!!!” - meat eaters :roll_eyes:

1 Like

You’re murdering people anyway, might as well put the enemy to use.
Throw in a dash of necromancy for good measure.

2 Likes

saw FF9 was on the psn store so downloading it as we speak.
Something just got me in the mood to go back down memory lane…

3 Likes

“Only because I wanted to go with you.”

holds up really well, looking forward to the likely remaster

1 Like

Speaking of remasters, sightings in the wild of Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 1&2 RM stuff has been had.

Personally I agree with folks saying it needs more than a remaster - mechanically things haven’t/won’t hold up quite so well. But, still, would be awesome to have one of the OGs back, heh.

it might not be as popular as some but it remains my favourite and my childhood FF.
probably half the reason i loved dawntrail so much tbh.

Same, and to me it’s not even close. I never got into 7 nearly as much as I did 9

Also best Bahamut design do not @ me

1 Like

Not even close. 8, 10, and 16 clear it ez.

1 Like

16’s cheating, 16’s wins because that Bahamut is a certified power-bottom.

@ing you to agree

I never played 16 is that the one where they kill chaos

1 Like

No that’s Strangers of Paradise with Jack Final Fantasy.

FF16 is the one where Clive says
The only fantasy here is yours, and we shall be its final witness
and it’s the greatest piece of writing in the entire series

2 Likes

they both are actually two of the four best entries in the series.

jack “cutscene skipper” garland you will always be famous