Pet peeves: The return (Part 7)

Yeah it did nothing for me.

1 Like

I liked several of the shots* because, you know, it’s a Blizzard cinematic. It didn’t really hype me though.

1 Like

I’m the odd one out here because I thought it looked pretty cool. I also want to kiss the troll.

I don’t, but I want to learn to dance as well as she does.

3 Likes

Is it me or are Discord links disappearing really quickly?
I was gonna comment in the thread itself but it felt too offtopic and too general, but half the links here are just dead, at least for me?

1 Like

I’ve been playing RE8 and I’m really bored of enemies that can insta kill you and also they take your guns away. The narrow line between “horror” and “boring repetition” is paper thin.

They time out after around 24-48 hours.

Absolutely loved the animalistic, slightly uncanny movements of harronir lady, but the trailer is an upressed powerpoint presentation

Like, I acknowledge these are very nice animations but what is the story here, it felt like the ‘trailer of a trailer’ style the actual short trailer has

4 Likes

Discovered the dumb problem with my ‘auto showdown initiated’ message was with my headset not my computer

2 Likes

Warband introduction did help a lot with some of the Taivan farming (got the ‘kill 200 of every kind of elemental storm creature in each region’), but one of the achievements (Hey Nanny Nanny, getting all 5 of the daycare whelps) broke and reset my progress despite the fact that I clearly have all 5 whelps in my pet stable

Still got a little ways to go, mostly just waiting for a particular Cataloguing world quest and farming 59347583 more time rifts but I’m so close don’t do this to me

I too have issues with voices in my head trying to initiate self shutdown haha relatable depression joke

[i’m fine dw]

if im being honest it somehow felt less cohesive than the classic and tbc cinematics which…despite lack of actually pointing to a story direction still told you something? pretty for sure but it felt hollow to watch when you take our the dark-troll simping.

meanwhile i was out here at least appreciating the scale of that earthen forge. dwarf fans will look at something like that and think “hell yeah.”

Oh.

that would explain why everyone’ss TRP art links are totally screwed LMAO

1 Like

I get what you mean. Can’t fault the cinematic team. But man Vanilla and TBC’s were magic, whether that’s rose tinted glasses… saying that, Wrath’s still gives some shiver.

1 Like

I would say that it tells us plenty. It shows us who the good guys are (trolls, deus vult humans [bleh], and earthen) and it shows us who we’re up against: big, spooky nerubian country.

I’m not saying it had my blood pumping or anything, but I don’t think it was hollow.

1 Like

jokes on you they’re not trolls, they’re ‘harronir’
what does that mean
no one knows yet
:slight_smile:

They made the change a good few months back now.

2 Likes

trolls but a bit different. we know how adaptable trolls be

1 Like

In an ideal wow these two wouldnt go together :pensive: give me the good guy monster race.

i dont doubt its some level of rose tinting, most of us grew up on those, but even taking the glasses off they were master-crafts in “show dont tell.” with wrath onwards having more of a greater narrative to them. like. to this day Arthas unsheating the sword as Terenas says “My son…I watched with pride as you grew into a weapon. Of righteousness.” still gives me chills.

If this one was meant to be the equivalent to stuff like “My son…”, “Why do we fight?” or “Time’s change” then probably the least hype cinematic they’ve ever done for a WoW expansion.

2 Likes

Functional but hollow is exactly how I’d describe it, honestly

I disagree but I also don’t hold a strong enough opinion say more than that

Bat troll lady hot and cool, we can shake on this :handshake: