Pet peeves: The return (Part 7)

In this summer heat, sometimes I want to take my shoes off and walk barefoot.

But that’d be considered weird.

1 Like

Few days back I saw a dude jogging barefoot through the city centre, clearly on his daily workout. Bravest of us all.

3 Likes

Also Fallout London is now out (available for free only on GOG, though compatible with Steam FO4 of course). Its release gave me an excellent reason to do some cleanup and move some downloaded stuff from my SSD to my external hard drives. Cleared up nearly 200gigs of video stuff that I hadn’t gotten around to categorising.

If only all spring cleaning could be done from my desk with the click of a few buttons.

Not the wisest decision - one thing concrete does real good is absorb heat

Same reason it’s a bad idea to take dogs out to walk on pavement on hot days, and you should drive or carry them to a park if it’s particularly hot

Yup. Walking barefoot on asphalt is a nightmare.

2 Likes

Grass however is lovely if its a nice clean patch.

2 Likes

this is propaganda by Big Green to get us to touch more grass

I won’t fall for it

2 Likes

Salting my grass to own the libs

2 Likes

Studies show that little hedgehog feet actually need regular touches of grass to be healthy and happy.

So you know, go out there!

2 Likes

studies have failed to acknowledge that my feet are gigantic and my nose does not like grass pollen

1 Like

If you don’t go out and touch some grass right now, you’re not getting any more Mountain Dew. I’ll contact everyone to cut your supplies.

It’s for your own good!

Can’t say the trailer got me super hyped, and this Lothar sure doesn’t look like a relative of Anduin Lothar… but I am rather curious about what’s inside the giant egg at the end.

https://www.euronews.com/next/2024/07/27/elon-musks-x-quietly-changes-default-settings-to-allow-it-to-train-ai-model-grok-with-your

If you still use the service formerly known as Twitter, make sure to at least turn this off.

Protesters who don’t go after the root cause of things, i.e. Governments or Corporate HQs, and who instead inconvenience people who have literally no say in matters in their day to day lives are selfish cowards.

I am too ill and tired and achey to be dealing with stuff today -_-

1 Like

Joke’s on them, I don’t use X. Me 1, Muskie 0. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thats how the wasps get you.

1 Like

Me neither. Never did, never will.

1 Like

If I get one more Host with negative IQ and an invader spamming L2 for the ‘EZwin’ I am going to go Hollow, I swear on Godfrey…

The only AI that we know for certain won’t overtake humanity. What’s it gonna do, sheetpost us to death? Like, I imagine the Skynet bots just exterminating city after city and then you have this Grok or whatever sitting at home just making up lies and getting upset.

1 Like

Have finished reading Gideon The Ninth

Tamsyn Muir is probably the funniest author I’ve read, in that way that someone drops a joke at a funeral that makes you laugh and sob at the same time

Also, got confirmation my partner’s moving in next month :3