Pet peeves: The return (Part 7)

Her VA is trans, and its upset the Gamers™

Meanwhile, her character is just making all sapphic women and bi girls very happy.

2 Likes

as vixi said she has a trans-fem va. which is a stupid enough reason to hate her in the first place but a lot of xiv bros have a real case of main character syndrome and cant stand having to share the spotlight with a strong friendly wholesome kitty that is making any woman on the lgbtq+ spectrum very very happy.

then again these same people tend to hate any woman in a similar position. Lyse, Minfillia…and now Miss Lothar

2 Likes

I want to give her very loving gentle pets, then I want her to top me.

1 Like

Double whammy, platforming The Transgenders and threatening the dating market by “confusing” women. Yeah, that’ll have an insecure Gamer™ weeping.

2 Likes

where do people get the energy for this sort if thing, honestly

2 Likes

My Food Delivery character in Elden Ring is operational.
I have farmed the aristocrats for what the youth call ‘drip’.

Now all shall experience the joys of Cooked Prawn.
Unless they blast me with sorceries first. Or shank me. Their loss, I guess.

(Im amazed by how many people aren’t at least curious about a character literally called ‘Food Delivery’ :joy:)

the fact this is your 15k post is peak.
same tho.

4 Likes

To play devil’s advocate, Blizzard used a diversity-o-meter to evaluate Overwatch characters in the past, and a one-eyed, one-armed black woman sounds like exactly the kind of character it would suggest including.

I’m not saying her design was driven by diversity considerations, but it could have been.

3 Likes

Reminds me of this tweet & mod.

https://x.com/kenmoos/status/1811862599631536309

They hate Faerin because she’s black.
I hate her because she’s a half-elf of the Lothar bloodline from a secret never mentioned empire that is totally cool and has a bunch of history behind it - the very worst of Moonguard style OCs.

We are, emphatically, not the same.

9 Likes

My house in Once Human is now fully made of glass (and concrete).

Missing 2 roof tiles because they are a pain in the back teeth to place

They also hate the prosthetic shield arm.
I do not hate the prosthetic shield arm, I actually think it’s a good idea and honestly better than a lot of the “I have lost an arm but I still have full functionality with my prosthetic” stuff that a lot of druid RPers tend to do with their root limb stuff

6 Likes

Started playing Fallout London.

Little bits here and there where I could see a AAA dev having polished it up slightly, but overall pretty good.

I just reached the end of the ‘tutorial’ section where you’re released into the open world and - crash to desktop.

Doesn’t matter that it’s fanmade, I’m still blaming Todd for this.

And…now every time I load a save it CTD’s…

I fixed (most) of the CTD issues by installing the recommended Buffout 4 mod.

1 Like

I should run a study on this ‘Food delivery invasion’ character in Elden Ring.

The proportion of people who’ve clearly duped, muled or hacked the game for end game items on low level range is a lot higher than I thought.
As is the number of lowbie ‘gank squads’. This feels like it explains why later Invaders are only ever sweaty tryhards - organic co-op/invader balance gets disrupted at the earliest step?

Also the number of people terrified of/bloodlusted by the sight of an unarmed guy in a silly hat and grubby jacket, next to glowstones and doing the grovel emote :sweat_smile:

Someone did drop a Veridian Amber +1 Talisman out of the blue, though, and my brain chemicals are brrrrrt-ing, so who gets the last laugh, really?

It describes me well I think.

2 Likes

Root limb should be a living symbiote that acts up.

2 Likes

Also, I sent you an in-game mail to Jebanza!

Jebanza Bush

2 Likes

Just so that I won’t have to make a support forum thread:

The prepatch reset some kind of setting and now my WoW tells me every time I take a screenshot, saving it in a game folder. I explicitly turned this off many years ago to reduce bloat but now it’s back.

Does anyone know how, where or even if I can disable WoW’s screenshot “help” again?

Not sure if this helps, but my chat settings keep resetting every time I log in, but doing a quick /reload seems to sort that out, so maybe it might help there too?