Pet peeves: The return (Part 7)

I was a Rakdos stan.

So I was black and red.

2 Likes

People don’t tend to like playing against me because you can be sure that I have alot of counterspells.

1 Like

no wonder ur always out there defending the odyns of azeroth… smh…

2 Likes

Nicol Bolas is my spirit guardian

I. AM OMNIPOTENT.

1 Like

Big unapologetic dragon god. I will always love him.

And I will never stop shutting up about how cool Amonkhet was as a story, plot point and setting. The hour of Devestation short story was incredible.

But I will never forgive them for how they handled War of the Spark. Both for how poorly Bolas eventually fall was done, and the godamn yuri tease and block with Nissa and Chandra. Never forgive.

They since apparently changed some stuff (been years…) but all you ever had to do is counter rotate to everyone else, sit in a nice spot in whatever was the emptiest lane and spend your time as a hat on whoever is fighting.
While having one eye glued to the mini map trying to predict when the enemy is trying to find you.

Your build only influenced if you designed traps, zerged buildings more or spend even more time as a hat.

People just vibe with different stuff in fiction, don’t worry about it

Best voice ever
Also nice HotS gameplay

1 Like

I have as of yet to play Diablo 1 or 2, but I did enjoy 3 and I like 4 a lot too.

1 Like

:muscle: :muscle:

you don’t play against people like you, you sit and they play the game against you while you just kinda do nothing

2 Likes

Taking out the Gatewatch by laser-targeting their weaknesses and then getting genuinely offended at the fact that Chandra tries burning him was very funny

"But fire, against a dragon? A dragon. I have standards.

1 Like

Here I thought blue was meant to be innovative :pensive:

But there’s something deeply cathartic about how White plays that I never seem to be able to get from the other colours. Every White Deck is capable of having one highly-specific theme and structure throughout when building and good lord is it deeply satisfying; you have the ability to largely counter most things you’ll come up against and usually a guarantee that, whilst your minions aren’t the best alone, they’re incredibly strong when they’re together (and buffed by five different spells).

Green has some similarities and I do dip my toes into Green here-and-there but its never a full-deck, mostly just some green-white cards (because they stack with the other green/white cards!) but as far as having a game-plan goes White just seems uncontested because your entire deck has that one purpose and all you have to do is make sure you build towards it; be that lifelink, flying, rally-cards or even minion-defence cards if you want to make your opponent heavily depressed.

Look he just went a little bit loopy 20k years ago, he’s got dragon imagery all over his house now he clearly feels bad about all that! He’s a Dad with a Son! He can be fixed and put on the right path again.

2 Likes

When you eventually manage to play something because I was out of counterspells, I instead use a removal next turn.

Also I did make another deck once that was funny. Infinite Polyraptor from the Ixalan expansion.

Short-hand explanation: You play “Forerunner of the Empire” that makes it so whenever a dinosaur is summoned, you deal 1 damage to all your creatures. And then you play “Polyraptor” that summons a token copy of itself whenever it takes damage.

The result is going from 1 Polyraptor to about 80 of them in a single turn.

Meron: “I can fix him!”

and “him” is just a 20k year old single dad with issues u_u

1 Like

I don’t play card games so I don’t have a favourite crayon colour like you gals, but in RPGs etc I tend to play chaotic characters (the sort who challenge boundaries, break unjust conventions, and so on). I’m pretty incapable of playing a character who’s strictly lawful.

3 Likes

That would most likely be red for MtG.

It’s all about playing chaotic, loose and fast. Usually with goblins and similar creatures.

1 Like

Are they more like Pathfinder goblins than the ancap Azeroth ones?

1 Like

You don’t have to hide that you’re a red player, Loras, its only Blue that has no friends.

Yes.

1 Like

Pathfinder. Well it depends on the realm as MtG is multiverse.

Ixalan goblins are little blue monkey pirates that shoot themselves out of their own cannons to board ships.

1 Like

Okay cool. I still won’t play the card game but I like goblin-mode goblins.

2 Likes

https://gamepedia.cursecdn.com/mtgsalvation_gamepedia/0/05/Chandra.jpg

this is you

1 Like

is she the one who the writers can’t decide is gay or not

1 Like