Pet peeves: The return (Part 7)

vader choked out the emperors PR manager after suggesting he wear some lighter colours for public appeal. no ones wanted to apply for the job since

same. from what details we’ve seen their lives were pretty comfortable. it was a relatively steady job.

1 Like

If we take Legends as canon, it was also full of hostile sentient giant bug-people that could literally embrace other humanoids into their hive-mind against their will.

Killiks are terrifying and it’s good the planet is gone.

1 Like

i am unaware of the lore but I’m immediately confident that the disruption of the supply chain may be justified in this case

weapon manufacturers go on strike if they don’t get to give at least some of their toys on the nose names like that

two hour video essay and five hour long reaction stream by world’s most unlikeable ‘content creators’ immediately inbound

2 Likes

im starting to think it was a good idea all of the ‘legends’ stuff got death star’d

like really what’s the point in coming up with countless reasons as to why one of the defining, in your face, ‘these guys are the bad guys’ moments from the first movie of your franchise should be undermined like that

2 Likes

Poorly photoshopped Kathleen Kennedy with laser eyes and the title is “STAR WARS WOKE?! SJW RUINS ALDERAAN!”

1 Like

…though sadly if anyone did Vector’s companion dialogues in swtor they’d know the Kilik’s spread to other planets. we need to nuke the galaxy.

imagine if roleplayer nobles were the majority population of an entire planet. that’ll sum it up.

1 Like

“I dunno, but it can’t be worse than what we’ve got right now.” - An unsurprising number of my characters.

3 Likes

extremely grim

2 Likes

Legends have some good stuff, but Star Wars has always felt a need to explicitly rewrite and re-contextualize every tiny piece of lore or part of the setting.

It’s a huge part of why it was made into Legends in the first place. It’s impossible to have a coherent universe if you need to adhere to all of that.

i wish i was paraphrasing to the extreme but murder attempts over slights, decade long grudge lists enshrined in gold and bickering over who knowns a shack in the middle of nowhere because of an imaginary piece of paper signed by lord farquad tirion mcfording the 14th says its yours and every other house is smelly actually is the daily grind of alderaan

Deciding to give a intricate backstory to everything and every background character and object, including making the death star a sentinent AI, was always one of legends weaknesses honestly.

tell me this isn’t true

Alderaan RP on Swtor is basically the bottom barrel of the WoW House RP guilds. Family drama, copious amounts of ERP and alot of OOC bickering about who is more powerful in the lore. (They all try to one-up each other in wealth).

2 Likes

The Mandalorian already proved that Star Wars is at its best when it straight-faced plays as a Western. Or at least a street-level, slightly grubby and dangerous but much more Real world.

The fantastical elements are neat and all, but there’s only so long you can go with years and years of Sith and Jedi before it grows stale.

1 Like

alderaan sith rp

gotta combine those two things for maximum impact

2 Likes

IG-88, some murder robot, got into its core or something. Death Star blew up just because he was about to do bad robot nonsense. It didn’t make sense then, doesn’t now.

This is just the UK.

Don’t you love lore? Isn’t lore great? Shouldn’t we explain literally everything?

Don’t you love lore? story is woke or something it’s all about that lore baby

this also sounds like most of the sith rp ive encountered minus the :eggplant: measuring contests.

wandering tattootine in duster drip is the highlight of star wars and thats a fact

2 Likes

Luke Skywalker is a fraud and he needs to be exposed.