Pet peeves: The return (Part 7)

Flour, sugar, cocoa powder in a mug, combine.
Add one egg, mix.
Add milk, oil, vanilla extract. Mix.
Add any addons (choc chips, raisins, nuts, etc.)
Place in microwave, cook for 90-120 seconds.

4 Likes

Gotta say, Blizzard’s commitment to making perpetually worse pre-patch events is something to witness at least.

Radiant Echoes sure were an event in time.

2 Likes

What’s the best pre-expac event

1 Like
  1. Take 5 dl of flour. Mix it with 2 teaspoons of of baking powder, 1 teaspoon of baking soda, 2.5 dl of cacao powder & 2 teaspoons of vanilla sugar.
  2. Mix 3 eggs and 3 dl normal sugar slowly until it becomes a puffy paste. Then add 1,25 dl cooking oil and 3,75 dl of milk. Slowly mix it by hand to keep it a puffy paste.
  3. Mix the paste with the dry ingredients mix. Do it by hand again slowly until its thick and even. Finish off by dropping in 200 g of cut up dark chocolate.
  4. Pour it into even muffin trays/cupcake trays or individual muffin/cupcake baking forms. You’d want about 2/3 of the full form to avoid it running over.
  5. Let the cupcakes stay in the oven on 175 degrees(Celcuis) for about 15-20 minutes. When you take them out, decorate with more chocolate bits while they’re still warm and and fresh.
2 Likes

Apparently IRL too, I am told the old n4zi uniforms were designed by Hugo Boss at the time, atleast the officer uniforms?

A former guildie of his recently showed me a video from years ago. An adaptation of the “Shrek is love, Shrek is life” meme but Shrek=Shonn.

2 Likes

That sounds horrifying but oddly funny

Legion had fun RP for me, as the guild I was in took them as IC and it gave us a lot of RP avenues that way.

3 Likes

I’m not sure if I’m brave enough to link it here, but, you can find it on youtube.

1 Like

i haven’t played many of them but the one that always sticks in my mind is the wrath one

it reused some of the naxx patch events stuff but the plague was very cool

1 Like

Coco Chanel was also rather infamously sexually involved with several members of SS high-command and extremely likely a german collaborator spy in france during the occupation. The modern day brand HATES it being brought up.

2 Likes

I never knew that part, but can’t say I am surprised. There’s plenty companies left nowadays that were also active during WW2, and not always on the right side of history.

It’s how they deal with that history that matters to me. If they admit that they were wrong then and try to do better, I can live with it. But pretending it never happened is a big nono.

3 Likes

Henry Ford was a raging antisemite who actively wanted to support the N*zi movements growth in the US during that time period.

As just another example.

1 Like

It took my grandfather (who was forced to do labour for German companies during WW2 and later deported eastwards for committing sabotage) a good fifty years to forgive said companies and ‘allow’ my mother to buy their kitchen appliances for her new (but not first, she’d moved out a decade prior!) home

3 Likes

History easily forgot how many companies and high-profile businessmen and women were heavily involved with war on the Axis’s side, or at least supportive of them.

The people who suffered didn’t forget, but the US and the allies who relied on their economy sure did.

1 Like

Didn’t he also get a medal from Adolf? Or was that Walt Disney?

Tbqh, can’t say I blame your granddad for his feelings.

I mean, we also still have companies who do business in Russia despite the sanctions nowadays. Same sort of thing if you ask me.

All im reading here is johnny silverhand was right

1 Like

Don’t remember which one, could have been both.

Yeah, here in Sweden it was pretty big that our most popular brand of chocolate (Marabou) was still selling in Russia even after Ukraine posted a list that a huge chunk of their sales directly went into the war economy. They funded a pretty big part of the army.

It took our royal house threatening to pull them from being a deliverer to the royal court(Which they’ve been for several decades) and a huge campaign for them to finally break ties. And they only did it late last year.

I still can’t give him that though, because he is such a insufferable PoS character.

It’s impressive that they made him so unlikable when they desperately wanted him to be the star of the entire game.

2 Likes

Boosty out here settled nicely in the Netherlands transferring money directly to Russia :^)

1 Like

I believe here it was Heineken being slow to pull out of Russia saying they “needed to find a good alternative for their workers” first or something.

Boosty? Wut.

Ikea also got in trouble for being leaked that they bought a huge supply of lumber from Belarus and did so under the radar because it was cheap.