Pet peeves: The return (Part 7)

So somehow, thinking about abstract existential stuff in bed makes me afraid of the dark.

It seems that my attitude towards the dark is very modal: depending on what kind of mood I’m in, I’m either enamoured with it and completely at home, or afraid of it. Most of the time I’m fond of the dark, and feel at home there, and find the night beautiful — except when I contemplate abstract topics that leave me alone with the true nature of reality. Like the vastness of space, or the ultimate fate of the Sun and the universe, or the nature of human cognition.

I don’t know what to do with it, except not think about such stuff at night. Or maybe if it gives me trouble sleeping, I should head outside and walk under the stars. It helps.

4 Likes

silly mito, gnomes can’t catch anything. they’re short and have tiny hands

5 Likes

I promise, you don’t want to mess with me Mito.

I WILL cry.

4 Likes

Tauren are the best player race.

My first ever character on the game was a Tauren.

Good times.

2 Likes

It’s okay Vaxir. I still forgive you and think you’re cool despite such a massive L of a starter character.

2 Likes

we do not speak SHADE on mulgore in this house.

2 Likes

Yeah, primarily because there isn’t any actual shade there. Zero trees and just some ugly cliffs.

1 Like

speed dialing some goblins to finish thermaplugs job as we speak

2 Likes

Q: How do you kill a gnome?

A: Wait.

2 Likes

Look, if I smack talk them enough, it will get several angry Tauren women to come and bully me. It’s foolproof.

4 Likes

I don’t do tabletop, but from Wow and other games RP I think my response would be to let it play out. But then I’ve never cared about winning or losing, I genuinely don’t. More just curious where it’s going to go.

But that would also depend on HOW the game had depicted things up until then. I.e. are we depicted as this unstopptable ball of doom that has stomped over every single little thing or have we actually struggled? If the former then I want to very clearly know, why, how, and who countered this (a bit like if the PC in WoW were to just mysteriously loses in a cutscene or what have you), because it doesn’t fit narratively.

If the latter then there’s no issue, we’ve been shown as defeatable and can roll with it.

That said when I DM, IG obviously, I tend to do difficult encounters but not unwinnable. Now whether I telepgraph the way to win or the players work it out is another matter entirely, but they’re never unwinniable because many people DO want to win. I’ll never understand the mentallity but it needs to be factered in.

2 Likes
                    _______
                   |       |
                   |Players|
                   |_______|
                       |
                       |
       ____________    |     ____________
      |    Road    |   |    |    Road    |
      |    East    |___|____|    West    |
      |____________|        |____________|
            |                      |
            |                      |
            |                      |
            |                      |
            |                      |
            |      ____________    | 
            |     |            |   |
            |_____|  The same  |___|
                  |   Dungeon  |
                  |____________|
6 Likes

based on real life

after all, all roads lead to rome

i haven’t tested it but i’m sure it’s true

2 Likes

Why didn’t the Romans build roads that lead anywhere else? Were they stupid?

1 Like

“We’re unstoppable!”
“Woe; Tarrasque be upon ye.”

hannibal exploiting this one trick to always end up at rome

1 Like

My Tauren lady would stare you down but

Not sure she could locate you

4 Likes

My apologies Vixi i wasnt familiar with your game.

2 Likes

I keep yapping at her to annoy her until she finds me.

1 Like

Perfection.

2 Likes