Pet peeves: The return (Part 7)

I wish it was a bit tougher in 5e honestly. Bit of a let down.

I’d give it…
Regeneration. At the start of each of its turns, the Tarrasque regains 50 hit points. This can only be turned off by use of a Wish spell or Divine Intervention. Doing so temporarily suppresses its Regeneration for 1 minute.

Unstoppable. The Tarrasque cannot be reduced below 1 hit point by damage, so long as its Regeneration is active.

3 Likes

Give it World of Darkness stats

(The original vampire, Cain, had a stat/character sheet and his stats were almost literally ‘no. You do not. You die.’)

3 Likes

… stop exploiting my Tauren for your being stepped on needs…

2 Likes

Started Dawntrail at last, and already it feels in some ways like Dragonflight done right.

Immediately after landing, you’re presented with the history of the new continent and several mysteries that puzzle even the locals, through characters with actual personality. I wish WoW did this more.

2 Likes

:frowning:

I am sorry. I do hope it is clear that I am joking!

1 Like

That’s how PF gods are statted (or rather, not statted) too.

When given enough time, I have a tendency to throw provided stat blocks out the window anyways. To prevent people trying to look up My Big Bad 5e stats to see what they’re capable of.

3 Likes

Speaking of TTRPG, one day I’d still love to run my theoretical 40k Only War game.

It was going to be against Orks. Orks are always fun. Particularly if the players could figure out the ‘backdoor’ ideas, like having a Dakka Boss who, if taunted enough, would pick out his ‘Supa Experi-mental Blasta’, which had a steadily increasing chance of zapourising him as it Got Hot :sweat_smile:

And if they could navigate the politics of the mixed Guard regiments involved in the conflict. Who would be allies, who would be enemies? Who knows! (except maybe me lol)

i truly hope you can enjoy it and hope you can get by without online oppinions colouring it too badly.

And I agree on that note. The personalities of the characters this time are wonderful. Its the first expac ive actually gone and done EVERY side quest, not just the ones for Aether currents because their so engrossing.

If the outcome of a fight’s already set, I personally find it goes a little against the spirit of tabletop games in general. If there really is no way for the party to come out on top, then why bother even playing it out?

Extremely difficult encounters are fine, but if there is precisely no chance for the characters to win, get away, or otherwise deal with it, I don’t really like to see it in the first place. If I were to find out, as a player, that the encounter we were in was designed to be something we could neither avoid nor ever beat I’d largely feel like any time spent on it was wasted - if you want X to happen as the DM, just let X happen.

2 Likes

whoever I want to kiss

whoever I want to kiss (dangerously)

5 Likes

Dragon Age players

5 Likes

my morals leaving my body when the villain is sexy.jpg

5 Likes

It’s all good <3

Also logging into my Tauren lady reminded me to go grab the easy druid forms from the Dream

Any RPG players tbh…

1 Like

Oh, I don’t read these. People who base their opinion of a character on inconsequential facts about her VA are not worth listening to.

2 Likes

it alarms me how few people ive spoken to actually hold this opinion.

on the note of va’s with this expac though, they have been pretty phenomenal, especially those of latin origin. cuban catboy’s rise up.

2 Likes

Yep. Got nothing to counter that.

1 Like

Lest we forget, Wrathion sit on a cure-all for the corrupting Whispers plaguing the ren’dorei. He could command their loyalty easily.

I never liked the void if I am honest.
To me, the occultism of shadows is far more interesting than the cosmic battle of Light and Dark. Just as I liked light as a force that came from the wielder having faith and believing they were doing good things.

I hate how Blizzard has butchered both and ny spec. Alas, here we are.

5 Likes

Personally, that applies to all cosmic forces. I would LOVE to see wild druid lore in various shapes and sizes. Miss me with Eonar and forces of Life.

Give me lore on Venetia and Hedge Mages, Miss me with talks of Titans and Order.

I’d much rather walk through abandoned trogg filled ruins of titan facilities, than have a computer or a titan avatar tell me factually what’s going on.

etc.

The sort of human or mortal element is always more infinitely interesting than the supposed omniscient powers at play.

3 Likes