Pet peeves: The return (Part 7)

I think they want the whispers tbh. They’d probably turn down the potion, if offered.

I am my whispers

4 Likes

The mystery of the titans would be 1000% better if their facilities were in ruins after untold millennia of neglect and the most we got from their custodians was deranged anti-flesh hostility, malfunctioning keepers speaking in archaic tongues we largely cannot decipher and often misinterpret and the shadow of the impossibly ancient Makers looms as a threatening unknown.

Finding an intact facility on the scale of Ulduar should be world shattering and war triggering as everyone wants to loot the cache of the gods.

3 Likes

Everything they say is true, after all

Sometimes you get plot exposition years in advance, other times it’s just maliciously incorrect. This goes for all the prophetic nonsense, though. Still waiting for that throne to run red with betrayal.

1 Like

:clap: Perfection

1 Like

Given how the Circle of Stars turned out, ‘Betrayal’ is going to be the name of a shade of red paint that someone accidentally spills on the throne while walking past.

2 Likes

That which was foretold in the rings, the rings being the somehow offensively insignificant fate-altering device in Torghast.

Considering the grand narrative of fate, destiny, multiverses and free will in the setting, a machine that alters it would be as important as the forge of afterlives, fought over by every major power.

Imagine Sylvanas’ grand design being not to follow obvious villain Zovaal into slavery but to use him to reach the Rings and rewrite her cursed destiny into what she deems fair, damn the consequences to established reality.

An American friend has introduced me to salted watermelon as a summer snack and I feel like I have licked the face of God

1 Like

Very mild Dawntrail spoilers:

https://preview.redd.it/im-20-minutes-into-dawntrail-and-just-got-to-know-the-v0-piqz3tu3qf9d1.jpeg?auto=webp&s=33b692f881f5ff8ca0be26815994d63c42841535

1 Like

you know come to think of it for a society which could do complete body transformations there was a remarkable lack of furries in the magical world harry potter

(I thought the same thing about cyberpunk 2077)

4 Likes

They’re a thing in the lore called Exotics.

2 Likes

Blizzard can’t handle… big. (ok you people know who you are, get it out your system).

They lean on cliche and obvious whilst pretending it’s not, which is fine when they’re doing small scale personal stuff. Like the battle with the centuars over the years, kobold infestations, the dwarf chatting about his friend and the draconic civil war etc, there is GOOD stuff in there. But NONE of it is directly connected to the big overarching plot that they desperately want to make people care about.

Or as said the light and void being nebulous concepts instead of overwhelming cosmic forces in some sort of never ending war. I will grant them that conceptually that -sounds- cool, it -sounds- fun, but they don’t have either the talent or the forum to really make it interesting and actually work. I’m not sure if it’s talent or forum, but they lack one or both because it doesn’t work.

You can’t keep making ‘prophercies’ in example and have them be so patheticly inconsequential. Or end your big cosmic void lord doom god with a stab by a twirly whirly from nowhere. Then tray to ape lord of the rings in a VERY undeserved fashion. (yes I’m still bitter over that nonsense).

Obligtory ‘imo’ statement.

1 Like

“Intelligent design is totally a thing, and you should-!”

Ring ring!
Hello? What’s that? To shreds, you say?

(I hate my insides/digestion, and THEY started it so… ugh.)

You’re absolutely right.
All the good story beats have come from small/personal level stuff.

None of the overarching plot points have, IMO, felt properly satisfying for… well, a long time, if ever.

1 Like

me when my mouth gets a little too excited about eating pasta and decides to chew the inside of my own face instead

2 Likes

I haven’t tasted it, but the name alone sounds absolutely cursed.

just take a watermelon and put salt on it, it is everything a too-hot body needs

I want to agree with this but… well. you’ll see.

Overall I think FFXIV is a much stronger game than WoW, but little UI annoyances do bug me.

Unlocking a transmog in WoW:

• Equip the item (or loot it if it’s BoP)

That’s it, you’re done.

Unlocking a glamour in FFXIV:

• Drop everything you’re doing
  • Teleport to a capital city
  • Take the closest aethernet shard to the inn
  • Speak with the innkeeper to enter the inn
  • Approach the glamour dresser
  • Try to put the item in store
  • Realize too late that only fully repaired items can go into the glamour dresser
  • Exit the inn
  • Talk to the repair NPC to repair the items
  • Enter the inn again
  • Put the item in store
  • Adjust your desired glamour plate so you don’t have to run back here every single time you want to glamour into this new item
  • Curse the spaghetti code
3 Likes