Pet peeves: The return (Part 7)

Huh, the peeve thread reset rather fast, didn’t it used to go to 20k replies or so?

Anyhow, decided to pick up HoI 4 again, after it got a dlc that added focus trees for Brazil, Chile and Argentina, so I decided to go as Brazil.

And good lord do I dislike the AI sometimes. Was playing as democratic Brazil, trying to take out Peru ( you get a focus that gives you war goals on any fascist and communist nations in South America, Peru had gone fascist), and suddenly I am stuck fighting for years in frigging Peru because the Germans and Hungarians decided to come all the way out to fight me. WHY ARE YOU EVEN HERE!

Still, I feel as though I finally started to understand the game a little better, so that was something. Finally starting to get the hang of the supply system which is what often screwed me over.

Being flashbanged with content from the Elden Ring DLC, no matter how minor a thing, when I go into a discord channel is very frustrating. Use. The. SPOILER FUNCTION. For heck sakes…

Reason I was going into that channel is also a peeve;

The Serpents in Volcano Manor are REALLY slowing down my progress towards the DLC. I didn’t realise they had a grab attack, nor did I realise they can AND WILL *spam that sucker three times back to back, and because Fromsoft grab tracking is GARBAGE I can only conclude these disgusting little monsters have MAGNETS in their mouths. Gonna terminate with EXTREME prejudice, AND a spiky mace! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I have returned to Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora and I am once more in a chokehold by how PRETTY the game is

I love the Na’vi
I love them so much

1 Like

Been tempted to give that a look.

I still really enjoy Avatar (Pandora ver.), and no amount of Human Supremacist types whinging and shrieking about it will change that.
If anything, it enhances the flavour…

2 Likes

I slept through another peeve thread

Also a good friend’s name is Magnus and Warhammer people always confuse me

High-school and university AUs are the bane of my existance and I have those tags permanently blocked.

3 Likes

Pet Peeves High School AU when?

5 Likes

Stop bullying me

5 Likes

First thing would be to separate students and staff, then further categorise from there

1 Like

Kriegsmarine gotta do something to validate its scant existence.

Speaking of, the AI does silly things with naval invasions. Sometimes WW2 drags into the 50’s because everyone’s too focused on a land war in asia to consider landing troops in japan. Other times the soviets conjure 4 ships out of thin air to invade finland by sea and that one time the brits landed in Boston.

What’s my place in this dynamic?

How crude would you like my response to be

Ahwell, the neat thing is, in my game the Kriegsmarine is now Brazilianmarine. While others focussed on carving up Germany , I stole the Italian and German navies and added em to my own ( and Brazil already starts with two battleships in 36). Democratic also eventually lets you incorporate your neighbours into your own state if they are in the same faction, so once I got Argentina and chile that way, my industry suddenly grew huge.

I am tempted to try it again though because I didnt know what I was doing entirely, but overall, it wasn’t too bad.

Now though, I got a tall order before me… to try and defeat the Comintern with both USSR - AND- China in it…

Disappointingly.

United antifascist south america is a good vibe.

1 Like

Librarian Lintian is like the most obvious one really.

It took me until 1947, but Brazilian bananas are now mandatory in all of South America. And democracy is non-negotiable.

3 Likes

I was just going to say something about you being the teacher in the newspaper headlines for sleeping with a student (I’m the student).

Can’t really pull off the deranged humour with the forum rules though.

Loras leading the mean girls clique.

2 Likes

The sultry principal.

1 Like

I did ask for disappointment.

5 Likes

Then perish.

2 Likes