Planning Free Character Transfers for Season of Mastery Realms

Rooting for Ironfoe → Dreadnaught .
Playing Horde is atrocious, people already have their R14 sets or pre-raid bis, so they just raidlog. It is impossible to find levelling dungeon groups and hard to consistently get into lvl 60 dungeons for Dark Runes and the likes.
Most Players who are levelling an Alt already do so on Dreadnaught, usually on Alliance for some variety. Those players generally say that they are hoping for a free transfer from Ironfoe, even though that probably means they have to delete their Alliance alts.
Looking forward to see what’s coming out of this.

1 Like

Why are this even a topic for players that not even play for example IF Horde. Step aside and let us make our voice heard.

2 Likes

For the TL/DR boys and girls: read the last 2 paragraphs

There seem to be several different perceptions that are leading to very different proposed solutions. What we can agree on, it seems, is the following:

1. Bonescythe is too small to remain and will have to/ want to go to either DN or IF.
  2. The Russian server, which seems to be in a bad state, is completely left out of this proposed “Solution”, which is a problem for them.
  3. Nobody likes leaving their old server/community behind by joining another, vastly different community and would rather not do it unless they had no other viable option.

The real “problem” this thread exposes is difference in perception on the current state of the Ironfoe server:
The Alliance seem to have a perceived “close-to-healthy” population/experience which is in stark contrast to what the Horde side on Ironfoe experiences, namely a near dead server with barely enough active players to fill 3 raids.

Consequently the perceived solution to either side differs between a “topping off” of the player base by taking in a few “refugees” (Alliance) to doubling or tripling of the player base (Horde). And in either case the exact number of what is considered necessary remains hard to define.

As a result the influx of Bonescythe to Ironfoe would be a more than adequate solution for the Alliance side on Ironfoe, especially if it’s topped off with a small group that wants to leave Dreadnaught. Unfortunately that solution won’t solve the population issue on the Horde side as Bonescythe has an Alliance dominated server as well. If Bonescythe Alliance was forced to go Ironfoe Horde and vice versa for the Horde on Bonescythe then maybe the proposed idea of making Ironfoe the second “healthy” server would be a possibility (and that would still greatly depend on the actual numbers coming over), but such a “forced” solution is likely out of the question.

The Horde on Ironfoe would also prefer to remain (to take in those who truly have to go and revive this server to a healthy stable population), but considering that what is needed will likely not be met with transfers to Ironfoe we have thrown in the proverbial towel and just want security. And joining an overly populated server like Dreadnaught, despite all it’s downsides, would provide said security.

I would propose that instead of shouting out what your personal preference (based on your own (limited) experience) would be we should try to understand which problems each group faces and come up with a solution that would serve every faction on every server to a satisfactory degree.
One of those solutions that was mentioned earlier was to merge the Russian Bloodcaller server with Ironfoe along with Bonescythe and a portion of Dreadnaught. I’ll be the first to admit that receiving a large number of players that I will have difficulty comminicating with (if at all possible) doesn’t sound too appealing and would, in the short run, only fix our AH problem, but it would potentially “solve” the problem for a lot of people that are currently left out.

What we’re currently lacking in this debate are statistics:

1. How many raiding guilds are active on either side on every server mentioned?
  2. What numbers would we roughly be talking about if we were to merge Ironfoe and Bonescythe (and possible Bloodcaller) together?
  3. Would that number even make a dent in what the Ironfoe - Horde needs/ would that be too much of an influx for the Ironfoe - Alliance?
  4. What are the sentiments on Dreadnaught regarding the proposed influx of “refugees” and how many raiding guilds would feel compelled to escape the megaserver by moving to a less populated Ironfoe (when offered the chance) and which worries would need to be alleviated in order to go through with such a transfer?

If we truly want a better solution then we need to try to be more constructive in order to move the discussion past the point of a tally of “I want option A” versus “I want option B”.

4 Likes

I post with my character, we are the “top” guild ( if we can say this when we are 3 ) and we can’t recruit and i spam all day at orgrimmar, we even struggle for next raid for find PUG to complete roster. You didn’t see only ally don’t want transfer ? Go ask transfer only for horde if you want, i know you’r situation on ally is better i have a friend in ally ironfoe, but for us it’s over so let us play the game, we just can’t for now, thanks.

Well written post.
This is exactly why I would say:
Dreadnaught → Ironfoe
Bonescythe → Ironfoe
At the start, see how it goes for a month, and if it goes horribly wrong, we can change it. The Alliance part yes, we would remain healthy. For Horde, maybe not. So possibly an issue would arise in 1 month or so, and if it did Horde could transfer off?
You’re correct there’s a lot of movment here. This being sprung so suddenly is probably the reason for such discussion taking the turn it has.

1 Like

Blizzard is always late, do you really think they gonna tell you “ok we test and in 1 month we propose you another thing” ? It’s totally delusionnal, if they are reactive, they put transfer like you propose last 2 month, but sadly now it’s over for horde IF.

Just go on Horde Orgrimmar Ironfoe and go at Ironforge Ironfoe, you gonna see the day and night and maybe understand why horde are happy to move because they they’ve been waiting for this for a long time, that why many horde already dropped these last weeks. It’s sad for you because i think you are enough on ally for raid and for doing you’r stuff you like, but on horde it’s really not possible.

I agree with most people in here, you shouldn’t make us migrate to Dreadnaught, Dreadnaught and Bonescythe should come to us (Ironfoe). This way could make for two somewhat populated realms, instead of just 1 big realm and 3 dead realms.

Horde-side is pretty darn close to dead, and I suspect most alliance-players are in their capitols, as I rarely see 'em outside. And I didn’t chose Dreadnaught to begin with simply because I heard it’d be a toxic atmosphere, which it appears to have, judging from what I’ve heard.

About the russians, I understand the dilemma and I feel bad for ya’ll, but I played on Stonemaul back in Vanilla and TBC and as a non-russian speaker, it was a pain… Couldn’t even do PUG’s as a healer because I didn’t speak russian. Perhaps russians are better at english nowadays though. * Ain’t hatin’ on russians, just saying what I experienced 15 years ago.

1 Like

What is a mmo without having an active community?

It’s likely to assume that more people are leaving the game in near future. So transfering from Boneschyte to Ironfoe probably wont fix the upcomming challenge. I think the mega-server option might be the only solution right now.

1 Like

No chance russians can make same situation as it was on Stonemaul :slight_smile:
At the time Stonemaul was choosen as one of unofficial russian servers. That’s why it was like that. At the moment russians are minority and has to adapt.

Btw. It was fun to watch how 4 russian guilds tried to gather members on Ironfoe at the beginning. While server haven’t enough russians to make even one 40man raid xD

This wont fix the challange, it’s likely to assume that more people leave the next month. The mega server must be the only solution

3 Likes

People that want transfers to Ironfoe are only Alliance players. Horde is dead. To also think that people willingly would transfer off DN to a completely dead server is mega copium tbh. I played on Ironfoe because I didnt want the mega server sperg experience, but at the end of the day this is an MMO in which u need an active community with people actually playing. I stopped playing a month ago due to the server being nearly empty. With the transfers being announced I think BS and IF (horde) are happy because they want to play with other players.

3 Likes

Keep it as you say it. Ironfoe will die just as Bone did. Make one server thats it. At least you have more guilds.

3 Likes

You and I both know that Blizzard uses Realm-transfers sparingly and it’s unlikely they will decide a month or two will be enough to “see how things will develop”. As it stands that suggestion is a good enough solution for the Alliance side of the story, but as mentioned in my previous post this would be a deal that the Horde side is reluctant to take as we’ll be the first people wading through the muck that is currently ailing our server.

1 Like

yeah it’s too late for IF horde, just go the suggested route of all to DN.

P.S.: The solution to the Russian servers: forgetting that they even exist is certainly impressive but should ban Lmgd also on TBC :slight_smile:

1 Like

RU server is dead. Please add transfer from that server.
RU-Bloodcaller → Dreadnaught

10 Likes

Tbh they Should just allow horde to move . Dreadnaught needs Way more horde it is getting boring here everyday in brm it’s full of alliance dominating brm it would be Way more fun if it was all the time competed. Just my honest opinion <3

1 Like

Now this is a great idea. I think we could even expand on it and send all of Ironfoe Alliance to RU-Bloodcaller.

4 Likes

the biggest of brains, you should be hired by blizz, we need more innovative minds there

1 Like

Dreadnaught → Ironfoe
Bonescythe → Ironfoe

interesting … maybe. not sure many people - including me - care though