Play WoW, they said. It will be fun, they said. 2021 EDITION

Hello … again … Blizzard,

Today is Wednesday, A.K.A. “reset day”, so I’ve just got down of “the” treadmill, finished all my weekly stuff, like a good rat that I am and now I just wanted to play the part of the game that I actually enjoy playing: PvP Arena 2s.

So, all callings done, all World Bosses dead, Assault Done, Korthia Dailies Done, 2x layer 12 Torghast Done, and as it can be seen in my screenshots I’ve created a group for 2s Arena, lf a healer. After 20 mins of waiting in queue, nobody applied. Also, even tough my friends list is thin, all friends have left long time ago.

https://i.imgur.com/pSR3Eyq.jpg

The screenshot was made out of a timer showing 20mins of waiting in queue 2s arena rated, with no one applying, + renown 74, no calling, my S1 SL 1928 rating, 1 game played and won in S2 SL, and my unlogged friends since months.

So, Blizzard, I said that the best thing that can be implemented for players like me (players that don’t PvE at all) would mean making ALTs ultra friendly, just level it and have anything unlocked, EXCEPT gear. Because all the renown and quests have already been done on MAIN and that is just a boooring, tedious task. Sure, let everythine decie if they want to do them on all ALTs, or skip.

BUT

After seeing the same problem over and over again on my main, I think the main solution is #SOLOQUEUE.

BTW: I have joined ~7 PvP oriented communities, and I’ve asked about LFG in there also, but all are ghost towns.

9 Likes

I can tell you how it looks from the other side as well. Log a healer, pick a group, queue, game starts, the dps dies because they are a moron / the other team has 300+ rating on you / the other team has 15+ ilvls on you / the other team is rogue-mage or similar bs where you have to have 14 trinkets while only having 2. Then the dps blames you for dying and quits, or you keep seeing him dying two more times to same bs and quit yourself and he writes you walls of text in whispers. Then you log off.

It’s bs. Thanks, Blizzard.

2 Likes

You know what the funny part is ?

The first time I’ve queued, I waited about 20-30 mins for someone to apply, then we queued for 1 game, we win it with some struggle, since I am being alittle rusty, haven’t played Arena since S1. But, even if we won, the healer left after that game :))) No way in hell I was going to wait another 20-30 mins for another party :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Solo queue is a complete no-brainer. Particularly in rbgs / 2s.

Like, what the hell are you going to even balance in 2s? Just match dps-dps vs dps-dps and dps-heal vs dps-heal, no class stacking. It’s a sh**show right now, you won’t make it worse. In fact, you can make it BETTER than now by disabling rogue-mage, for example. Because it’s broken.

But noooooooo. We’ll have stories of it being super-difficult to balance (lol, like you are balancing rbgs and 2s) and of WoW being an Em-Em-Oh (so??) and whatnot instead. Because telling stories and looking all smart is easier than writing code.

1 Like

YEP, and also allowing people like me, solo players, to actually play the game instead of watching that cursed LFG window for more then HALF of my gaming time.

2 Likes

ROTFL do you really believe that?

I already see the endless 3d of complain from people that will say that soloqueue matched 2 spriest vs 2 ret pala that bursted them down in 5 seconds, or all the other combination of strong comp vs crappy comp currently available.

There are endless endless 3ds of people crying about broken comp in arena and you want to leave that to a mm algorythim?

still paying subscription for early-access craft

1 Like

Yes, I do. It will work very well. You didn’t even read the post you are replying to, your example of 2 spriest vs 2 ret pala would be impossible. So I suggest you start reading first and writing second.

2 Likes

What do you think is more worse, to complain about PLAYING the game, or about not being able to actually PLAY the game :)?

2 Likes

ROTFL again.
It’s 2dps vs 2dps, absolutely possible. You can’t start going around disabling comp just because you don’t like them, first because it’s a nonsense argumentation entrirely subjective, second because it would negate the benefit of the soloqueue, making it longer waiting for a potential valid match of that list, especially if you start braketing this solo queue by rating.

“Not be able to actually play the game” in your specific case it’s quite debatable, it’s the same of all the people who can’t find a group for a key because they get ignored or declined. Happens, it’s a social game, and people do what they want and consider a million factors when joining groups.
Part of the game is deal with this and find stable people to play with.

Sure, I can agree with that. That doesn’t mean that more options is a bad thing, does it ?

Did I said “REMOVE 2v2 manual queueing” ? Hell, they can do a separate leader for solo queue, at least let us play with others like us.

What is wrong in having options ?

2 Likes

See my answer above, the other part.

ROTFL LOL LMAO OMGBBQ, you failed to read even when I pointed out to you that you missed something. Your entire thrust is easily countered but I won’t bother until you manage to read the text in the post that you are replying to.

1 Like

no please, do bother. enlight me.

Read the text and find why your example was misguided first. If you won’t do that who’s to tell you won’t just not read the text that I write again.

1 Like

The moment they add that , you will be here qq’ing about how unfair it is , bad team mates , to good enemies , the stomps ,etc .

You have the freedom to pick you’re team mates atm sounds pretty good to me .
All content that requires coordination or team speak shouldn’t be in a soloqueue so no thx .
PvP isn’t balanced that’s why it’s a ghost town nothing to do with soloqueue .

1 Like

Complete bs. (Look at games other than WoW sometime.)

1 Like

Yeah man, I’ve played the game for what it was created, for 15 years, but we have changed, evolved with life, some of us have families, don’t have much time to play, and play at random times. I rather PLAY the game for what is worth with all the bad things that are in game even in MANUAL queue, then search for players for more then half of my available GAMING time.

Hell, even Mythic+ LFG could be implemented with a solid attunement. Something like:

You are able to queue LFG M+ 10 if you cleared all dungeons in M+ 10 for at least 2 times each. Whats wrong with that ?

Exactly. All other games with 2-3-5 players per team can be played in COMPETITIVE setting, but WoW can’t because why ? :slight_smile:

Again, I rather take that risk then not play the game, or play it for 25% of my gaming time, and watching LFG window for 75% of my time.

All the problems you invoke in game, are taking place atm with manual queueing.

1 Like

No no, enlight me please, i need to laugh a bit more today.

Apex legends is a good example: 99% of the time I was soloing. And it’s an FPS where you should talk :rofl:

I think communication here is crucial if you are a hardcore raider or pvp-er, otherwise it’s fine

2 Likes