Please add Race Change to Wotlk Classic

Please add the race change to wotlk.

Racials are going to change and i’d hate to abandon my undead mage that i played through classic / tbc and start leveling a Troll from scratch…

I cant be the only one that feels like that! The reason given for not adding race change to wotlk seems unsatisfactory to me.

44 Likes

Yes, please I would love to change my 2 year old warrior into something else!

4 Likes

I just want to be able to change my character into something a little more modern Blizzard. You’ll never stop the munchkins, so why bother? Add race changing to WotLK please.

5 Likes

Yup, I dont want to level a 3rd hunter. I was forced to be dwarf in TBC for PVP. In wotlk my racials are useless.
Give me the option that was present in real WOTLK to race change for some money.
Its a mutually beneficial transaction.
Anyway, you wont stop me from re-rolling again. You can only ruin my experience by not giving me at least one race change.

5 Likes

No need anymore. Trolls will become slightly stronger so all is fine.

5 Likes

And here I was, thinking I’d hear some convincing stories about how you wanted to play with friends on the other faction or something. But nope, the moment your racial becomes slightly sub-optimal you need to change your character to hit that top 1% meta or completely abandon it.

7 Likes

post edited

6 Likes

I don’t even care about the racials. I just want to swap how my character looks and casts/attacks. Buying a boost to a class I already have is not an option as I don’t want to lose my titles, mounts and epic flyer investments. I will rather buy it to boost a class I don’t yet have, and thus race change would be additional money Blizzard would get from me on top of that if they just used their business sense and implemented this.

Funny how they filled Diablo Immortal with crazy amounts of micro transactions, but adding a paid service to WoW Classic which the playerbase actually requests is something they are reluctant to do.

11 Likes

Well, its fine to change races due to esthetic reasons, but if you want to have an extra trinket you should work for that and level a new toon…

Accept the abilities you are born with.
Always try to be as beautiful as you can be.

Bump.

Please add this Blizzard, the reasoning given for not allowing it was incredibly weak, especially when there won’t even be any RP servers come August time on EU lol.

It was in the original Wrath and it does literally zero harm to the game. I can understand how faction changes can be damaging, but a race change is harmless. I want to race change my main but don’t want to lose all my progress to achieve that. Please just add it, there is no harm in adding it.

8 Likes

How so? Wouldn’t it disadvantage the people not being able to afford a race change?

If faction change is damaging than so is race change, it’s the same amount of time and effort invested in creating and leveling the new character if the service were not available.

1 Like

For me, faction change can be damaging because it can alter the balance of a servers health. With faction change people can cause imbalance on a realm, particularly damaging for PvP realms. However, classic realms are a total mess as it is, so it’s not exactly a major issue in 2022 anymore. I wouldn’t be against adding faction change either.

A race change can’t really do any of that damage. It just changes someone’s race, which effects no one else but the person buying it, it’s a purely cosmetic thing beyond racials. I can’t see how someone not being able to afford a race change puts them at a disadvantage? The only thing I can think of is due to racials in arena, but that’s a stretch for me personally.

It’s not like faction change can make it any worse, besides that we alreay have same faction battlegrounds, so queue wise nothing is affected.

“It’s purely cosmetic, besides not being cosmetic.” Hah!, some become better others become worse. Race change in some regards is a pay2win feature, it will disadvantage those that are not willing to spend an extra 40 euro’s or whatever to switch to the new optimal racial. While those that do switch, now get a better pvp/pve performance.

I wouldn’t be concerned though, eventually the lust for money will override any fake morals they may present, just as the in-game level boosts from the shop make no sense lore-wise either, they will likely throw in race change.

Of course Dungeon Finder still has to go because they can’t milk it like they do characters services, huehue.

1 Like

Eh, I can see where you’re coming from honestly, but calling it a Pay2Win feature is a bit much for me, but I suppose what constitutes as P2W is different for each individual person.

I’m saddend that this isnt planned for i wotlk classic.

2 Likes

There is literally no point to not have race change in WOTLK Classic, I know racials can be strong but within same faction and with class restrictions (like paladin cant be NE etc that is what i mean) they are not game changers… Allow us to change Race we should not be “punished” for choosing something like 2 years ago on Classic when game is 2 expansions later. Forcing people to level new chars for new race makes 0 sense and is not even close to same… Especially now with achievements all count (reputations etc).
Also it does not affect faction balance (which is already terrible - but that is another story) or anything… If you think people will race change to “win” over others put more restrictions like 1 change per month or so.
Bump this plz and hope for best.

2 Likes

Yes let me get sexeh orc female pls cba making new char, spent too much time on this char already.

1 Like

Please add this… I really want to pay to transfer my Horde Warlock on Firemaw to Alliance on Pyrewood :frowning:
And perhaps I even will transfer my Horde Shaman as well!
So Blizzard… EASY MONEY!!

1 Like

why Blizzard cant change race on Wotlk ??? this is very stupid ! !!

1 Like

It’s faction change, not race change. We don’t talk about that here