Please remove world buffs from raids

Hello!

Please remove world buffs from players entering raids.

It was never intended that all raiders have world buffs when the raids were designed.

My week:

1. get buffs
  2. stay offline until raid day
  3. do the raid
  4. get buffs again
  5. logout and wait for next raid day

Not fun.

And because everyone else has them, you have to get them aswell.
Noone likes to be last on dps meters.

Atleast disable buffs for the new raids for a few months.

Thanks!

10 Likes

Wait until Firemaw starts casting Shadowflame, assuming you are a warrior, use taunt. problem solved

11 Likes

Power infuse a lock on vaelastrasz or pull early threat by quickly casting heals on the start.

Because the tank needs WBs as everyone else have them so he MUST get them too in order to hold threat is a problem indeed. But that’s pretty much it.

I gotta say. It’s very funny how you don’t play WOW except Raids because you can’t stand someone to have more DPS than you.
See there, that’s the problem in the 1st place. You can’t see the forest from the trees. This mentality caused WBs to be a meta thing.

I bet there are quite a few that peed their pants rather going to the bathroom and losing some “valuable” DPS points.
So Blizzard should add a PAUSE option.

WBs are not all bad as some under geared players will benefit from.
And if you want top DPS and world record clearing time you have to work for it.

3 Likes
  1. Join a guild that doesn’t require you to get w buffs.
  2. Wait for TBC.
10 Likes

^ /10 chars/

1 Like

Let me tell you a secret:

If your guilty pleasure is to maximise your DPS and be one of the top damage dealer of your guild: take the world buffs.

If you just raid for fun or don’t really care being in the bottom half of the damage dealer ranking: don’t take the world buffs.

See? Quite simple

World buff are far form being mandatory, especially when a raid has been farmed over and over again for a year or 6 months.

Nobody forces you to take them.
And anyway, you might get dispelled or just die and lose them. So in this case, what will your GM do? Kick you out of the raid? Most likely no.

So stop being a drama queen about world buffs

Please remove these post.

No one wants to make them, but “everyone do make them” and the forum was not intended for rants like this.

Not fun.

3 Likes

Why would you get the buffs a week before the raid? You can get all of them during the same day the raid will be, you just need to be aware of the timers.

5 Likes

how we can find a guild when every guild starts raiding all at the same time for those WB?

1 Like

It would be fine if there no reset exploit.

Or you could you know not get world buffs if you don’t feel like getting world buffs instead of asking to have them removed for everyone.

They don’t.

Don’t u think world buffs are making the raids way too easy?

AQ could provide small challenge for most guilds, if there was no world buffs.

People cry about pre nerf cthun, just remove WBs and its slightly harder.

they do /10 char

You don’t have to get them a week in advance you can get them the same day as the raid using !wb timers. The only tricky buff to get is Songflower Serenade as you’ll have hostiles in Felwood trying to dispel. Most guilds will clear a DMT and summon to get everyone buffs but even the ones that don’t theres always someone about selling DMT summons and a cleared ID.

If every guild raids at the same time (they dont) so that Rallying Cry and WCB can be popped in the city, why is it so hard for you or anybody else to log in 5 minutes early to grab those?

If you don’t like world buffs or raiding with them, find a guild that doesn’t require its members to get them.

You don’t NEED world buffs to clear classic raids. Trust me, I know. I’ve cleared BWL over 20 times. With and without world buffs.

Just accept the fact that there are players that wants to take the game to the “next level” by trying to get the highest possible advantage against their challenges in the game, while competing with other players through parses.
Why would you want to spoil the fun for min-maxing people? They don’t affect you at all. If your guild requires you to get world buffs; get another guild, easy as that. There are plently of guilds that don’t require it. Mine doesn’t. Half my guild cares about world buffs and that’s totally up to them. We clear everything with ease regarless of world buffs.

What you’re saying is basicly “Ban all Ferraris, you don’t need 100k+€ euro cars to get from A to B”. Well let me tell you that there are some people that wants to get from A to B in style and speed.

These “Ferrari drivers” in this analogy are players that care about world buffs and bring them to raid. Why hate them because they did that extra effort in life to afford the fast and expensive car? If they want to show off and compare themselves with others (dps meters/parses in this case), let them do so. You hate them because you aint them. But since you obviously compare yourself with others and care about that. Do that extra effort and get those world buffs, but don’t be sad when other players that did extra effort get higher dps and parses than you when you yourself havn’t bothered to get the buffs.

No you don’t. I cant believe you’ve ever personally been called out for not bringing world buffs in your guild/pug. If you have, change guild now if it doesn’t suit you.

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong, i bring all world buffs to every raid, so does everyone else in my guild.
You can not get certain buffs on raid day. For example Darkmoon faire might end before raid day, and same goes for the festival event.

Also you kind of want to be summoned to the raid instance in the morning because theres 100 players ganking outside and you might loose world buffs.

You have to get them, log off and wait for raid day. Log in wed morning to get summoned inside.

I understand blizzard gets alot of revenue because of world buffs. Most ppl have 4 accounts so they can summon themselves everywhere. Its still dumb.

There aren’t, Im not mad at WB, I’m bad at people raiding time mafia