[POLL] LFD in WotLK

1. But in a later phase.
  1. Want LFD
  1. I don’t like it. Just add a proper group finder tool instead.
    Yeah, these “polls” are obviously biased.
2 Likes

When it is not in your favor it is obviously biased…

1 Like

When it’s biased it’s biased.
You can spin it however you want it but it won’t change this fact.

Its like with democracy. If our option wins we are happy, but if opposite option wins, lets burn some cars :wink:

1 Like

2 dskjasdlkfja;lsdkja;dlsfja;fdkja;lj

Yes, I would prefer having LFD in the game

61.76% (4200 votes)

If voting was done like these polls then yeah, I wouldn’t burn cars but I would move to a real democracy lol.

Most ppl who are interested in this topic, posting and answering polls etc, are the ppl who are unhappy about it. That’s just how ppl are.

1 Like

I choose 1

Thats why Blizzard always should go #nochanges first, and MAYBE look into changing something if it’s a large uproar.

In all honestly, I don’t think there would be a massive uproar if Blizzard simply introduced the LFD in like phase 2 of the expansion.

3 Likes

If #nochanges first, then the DF should be released on the very last phase of the expansion, with the release of ICC, like happened on its original incarnation. Or the penultimate one, if we count Ruby Sanctum as the last phase.

While I do agree that no DF at all is the right call for any Classic re-release (be it WotLK-C, or TBC-C, or even a future Cata Classic), I understand those who advocate for the minimum amount of changes, or #nochanges at all. In this case, clearly the DF should come along ICC, as it did back in the day. No sooner, no later.

Those advocating for a random DF from start, I’m sorry to say, but you are clearly not the intended target population for the Classic servers of Wow.

Yes, even if this surprises someone at this point, Blizzard is targeting different population segments, with different gaming tastes, for their Retail and Classic branches. You cannot juzge Classic with the Retail mentality, in the same way that Retail is no longer bound by the “restrictions” of Classic.

1 Like

LFD was up for 48% of the WOTLK duration. It wasn’t in the last patch, it was a mistake from Blizzard to refer to the latest patch. I just think LFD is something that could be used for people who are so bored they rather pay for boost to level 70.

This just brought back a flood of completely forgotten memories. I now recall that it was pretty common for RDF groups to work so well together and enjoy the run that the group would just chain 3 or 4 more random dungeons streight after killing last boss. Even more reason to bring RDF back!

2 Likes

Yes, LFD was up for 48% of the lifetime of WOTLK, but that time only covered about the last 20% of the expansion content.

The only reason it was available for so long is the same reason for which ICC is the only major content Tier that have lasted almost a FULL YEAR without replacement. Blizzard botched up the Cataclysm development and it took them much longer than expected to release, leaving people stranded on ICC (and on the forgettable Ruby Sanctum raid) to rot…

I don’t know if you were there at the time, but people (like myself) were really upset about the time WOTLK lasted in the end due to this…

2 Likes

I don’t want LFD the first phase. From there Blizzard can introduce it however they want. I don’t care, but simply removing it is not ok. It was a part of wotlk and the server is based on the latest client version. So it should be there in one way or another.

1 Like

Make a poll on the b-net client.

Prob because ppl like me that dont want it dont bother to vote on it if it is not done by blizz them selves.

Well, Brian Birmingham, the Lead director in charge of WoW Classic, has already stated that they intend to port the current Looking For Group interface from Retail (or Premade Group Finder as I believe it’s called now) to WotLK classic. This Group Finder is in turn based on the Wrath LFD, minus the automatching and teleporting. For reference, it’s the interface used now in Retail for Mythic Dungeons and World questing.

Here you have, the LFD in “another way”:grinning:

TBCC is horrible atm, takes way too long to get any dungeon groups going.

LFD makes the game more enjoyable.