Portal Price?

Hello classic adventurers.

Being a mage, I’ve been asked many a time for portals here, there and everywhere.

Today I had someone get quite nasty with me for asking for 50 silver as a price to do so.

Is this a fair price? If not, what should I charge?

Tmage.

2 Likes

I do them for 20s, just to annoy other mages trying to make gold by selling portals. Oh and all water & food I do for free.

But anything from 30s for lower levels to 1g for max levels is fair game.

6 Likes

people are just being stingy atm about portals. this one guy expected me to do it for 10 silver even though the reagent costs more and i had to take time to go to him and cast the portal. 50s is a fair price but it’ll go to 1-2g depending on how much of a demand there are for them

8 Likes

Yes people will be cheap because its still very new. Eventually portal prices tended to settle at 1g on private servers. I didnt even need to ask for it. People willingly and quickly opened trade to give me 1g.

2 Likes

1g for lvl 50+

2 Likes

Wait, those aren’t free?

2g and you get a bottle of conjured sparkling water and a sweet roll to svaor on the way.

9 Likes

I thought rogues were the thieves.

9 Likes

Well runes cost money, and finding vendor costs time !

3 Likes

1g

Not thieving when a reagent the mage has to buy is used

4 Likes

Supply and demand, with all the FotM rerollers there is a glut of high level mages about so you’re unlikely to be able to ask much more than cost for a portal.

End of the day if they don’t like the price you offer just refuse to service them, it’s thier inconvenience not yours.

OP they have to realise it actually does cost someone to make a portal in classic, retail players don’t know this as it was removed a long time ago.

You need a rune which costs about 20 silver.

Ages ago i used to ask 1g. Sometimes i did it for free but it depended by my state of mind.

1g is standart price. If server established long ago - it can raise to 5g and more

For high levels sure not low levels

Fair price, I’d say 1g for 50 and above

Any price is fair, there’s no rule and it is a convenience service. So whatever you want to ask for it is fair.

Getting nasty for 50s, after asking for a portal himself, is quite sad. Just tell him to find another mage.

10g or use another Mage.

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

1 Like
  1. FREE for a nice ask, from new players (even if rune cost some silver, cause i know how it could be hard and frustrating for some to get to Darnasus for example) or maybe even 60 lvl guys, who is just nice and cool.
  2. 20s for a regular portal ask, to a lvl 1-20.
  3. 50s for a regular portal ask, to a lvl 21-40.
  4. 1g for a regular portal ask, to a lvl 41-59.
  5. 1-2g (depends on if i try to make money, or just do a regular), to a lvl 60.

P.S. water and food free everytime to everyone.

1 Like