Portal Price?

i only charge what it takes to cover the portal rune costs, thats it.
maybe some people are not aware that it actually needs a reagent. :woman_shrugging:

to all the mages here: what if i ask you to make a portal, come to you and trade you a rune? What cost will it be in that particular situation?

Reagent and lil smack on booty.

However there seem to be nice number of non-aoe farming mages with epic mount already.

Hmmm 1-2g seems a lot to me even on 50+, ye i got money but still compared to time to get 2g and create portal seems ridiculous to me.
i dont use portals that offen, but i do like water…and i usually trade it for my alchemy potions. like mana potions or arcane potions which mages like and they are usually plesantly surprised :slight_smile:

Zero money and one “enjoy”.

[quote=“Dottie-thunderhorn, post:13, topic:85264, full:true”]
OP they have to realise it actually does cost someone to make a portal in classic, retail players don’t know this as it was removed a long time ago.

You need a rune which costs about 20 silver. [/quote]

and ?

where is this amazing vanilla community which did nice things because they were friendly and making friends left and right

what problem is to spend 20 silver to make a new friend ?

unless those stories about “communities” were just bs .

I usually decided my price based on the way I got asked for it.
Kind people only neede to pay for my rune. “Portal darna” type of whispers I would charge a premium.
Now just a few more levels until I can actually do this :stuck_out_tongue:

Imagine being so mad about Classic’s success that you spend your free time trolling on their forums.

although i strongly doubt everyone thinks this way, this is a fair. However many mages get cocky even if you kindly ask for some food, like it’s freaking feat and from now on you owe them till the end of your life. Personally i prefer not to ask mages about anything

you are not alone. Everyone asking for those portals, people don’t have to spend their money for this.

In Vanilla the standard price was 1g if you don’t have the rune. But since everybody is super poor at the moment, you might want to go for a lower price until more people are at max level.

1Gold is really not all that bad when u compare the time it can take some one to go from sw to darnassus.

If you have 20 gold then 20 silver a time eats into it. 5 and 1 gold is gone.

So the mage loses out every time. I’d start saying no if it was me who they were asking the service of.

1 Like

No portal for him then simples!

Correction: the rune costs 50s.

I looked at wowhead for the price so I may be wrong.

I’m gonna check ingame.

Edit: 20 silver

https://imgur.com/a/2IVmKb8

I have an odd feeling it may change price with zone, I know repairs cost more when you are in a higher level area.

Actually I could be wrong. But I want to be damn sure it cost 45s (with discount) last time I purchased. Because you’re right, it does say that on Wowhead.

My apologies.

You get a free portal ofc.

20 silver so i can buy another rune :slight_smile:

I would recommend you do them for cheap to start with, get your name out there.
When people have a bit more money floating around you can probably up the price to 1g quite easily!

1 Like