Portal Price?

50s for summons because soul shards take bag space for items that could easily sell for money.

As mages are currently a overpopulated class, and growing it might stop at 50s.
Mages everywhere.

1g a portal and 1g for 2 stacks of food and water, don’t like it? fly and buy some cured ham steaks from the vendor.

1 Like

As long as people are offering to cover the cost I don’t really care how much they pay.

If random people I have never met can’t be bothered writing a full sentence, or say “please”, I’m not going to bother making them a portal though. It’s pretty amazing how many people go into a frenzy if you tell them to ask politely.

3 Likes

God, Mages are such prima donnas.
Tell you what, next time I come to a Dungeon run I expect you to pay for my arrows. They cost money after all. >.>

1g for portal.

If you can’t afford that, buy the reagentand come to me with 50s.

The only way i do less than that is with low level people, usually i don’t go more than 30s.

For foods :

• Low level food : free if i want, otherwise 20s to 50s.
  • High level food : free if you group with me in dungeon or to do something, otherwise 50s to 1g.

20 silver for most of the levelling process is a fair bit of money in Classic, money is tight and you don’t just go wasting it on every random guy that wants free favours at your expense.

You are using arrows for your own benefit or you wouldn’t go to the dungeon. But a mage in the city is very much in demand, and 20s, 20s, 20s, 20s… Yeah you will have a lot of friends, but you will have a big hole in your pocket too.

Why should mage pay for your teleport. take a taxi then or use a HS,

You are not doing a dungeon solely for their benefit and https://media3.giphy.com/media/L8XuphFGqlSfe/source.gif

What ever you want to sell them for! If they don’t want to pay it, no portal.

WOOPS. looks like I made an idiot of myself >.<
I somehow thought Mages ITT were too good to pop a Portal after a Dungeon.
Nvm me…
I blame my insomnia. =_=

Made a lot of dungeons with mage, who said he is just too broke for any portaling as he just bought a mount and lacks half his skills.

And it made me smile and I was not even mad.

To be honest, there will be a standard price for this once more people hit higher level. Lots of mages make money by afking in cities or whatever and spamming “selling portals for xyz gold” as I remember it anyways.
Standard price? usually in an amount of gold but it can go as low as silvers.
As I remember people were charging not just for the cost to open the portal but the same fare for everyone who wanted to take the portal in the group and would only portal once the group was full a lot of the time lol.
(which was my own subjective experience from playing back in the day, other people might have seen it go down differently more often, idk.)

Remember one thing. I don’t talk for you " Азриил" but in general.

Yes, we charge for portal 1g and we make “money by afk’ing in the city”. After all, one gold is one gold. Yes, it’s bad for you, you buy arrow and you don’t want to pay for our foods or ours portal, how god can we make this a “paid service” when you, you buy your arrow to carry our dungeon ?

Remember one thing : we can make 20x to 50x more golds per hours doing AoE farm alone without doing any portal, without any whisper, without any single food for others. And what do you do if we do that ? You will buy arrow … and your foods, and you will start to take Zeplin and wait 5 to 10mn for moving :wink: . No one force you to buy mage foods and portals, this is optionnal. But we expect you to take your arrow in dungeon or raid, because this isn’t a service, it’s mandatory for your gameplay. That’s how the game work after all ?

Don’t expect Mage to make free portal, if they want, they can. If they don’t want, you pay and you can cancel the invitation is the price is to high for you.

1 Like

Yeah beggars cant be choosers.

… and something people do not understand either - they are not only people asking for portals or water. Its all cool and funny 1st time around, 1st week around, but when you cannot even zone into without being asked for portal it gets old. And a lot of people do not bother even to be polite. behaving as mage has to stop everything they were up to - so they can make someone a portal or water.

20s to cover the reagent, free food and water. Most of the time when I say just 20s to cover reagent I get tipped 50s or 1g anyway.

The best way to make a new friend is not to expect them to fork 20 silver for you and waste time over you. The best way is actually to tip them to make sure they appreciate your attitude.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.