Pre-Patch created dead keys that close the game on Mac, e.g. ^ and ´ with German keyboard settings

Just to add, cmd + middle mouse button crashes the game for me, so not only cmd + keyboard keys do it.
is a mouse button a keyboard key technically? idk

Just to add that mouse keys + cmd key also crashes the game, in my case middle mouse button + cmd key
haven’t seen anyone mention issues with mouse buttons.

• WoW client in English - Battle.net
  • Keyboard QWERTY - Language Portuguese (apple magic keyboard)
  • Keyboard in game language: Portuguese
  • Keys with issues cmd+middle mouse

Same with Nordic Keyboard with ´/`Key

2 Likes

Same here with a german keyboard. The ´ key is the right-most key at the top row besides the BACKSPACE key. When I press the key is just closes the application without any error message.

This is a major issue, why is it taking so long to fix?

I saw another post in internet with a german user and the ^ key. I have a german keyboard, but my game is configured with english language.

1 Like

Probably some other keys as well. I didn’t realize first that the " ´ " key killed the application. I remember chatting and killing it. This key is not used that much so there must be other keys with the same problem.

Any news here? ty!

still no fix ? this is getting embarassing…

They fixed it with the update today.
Thank you blizz its working again <3

MacBook Pro 2023
German QWERTZ
English client

Game doesnt crash now on pressing ^ key

1 Like

I confirm the bug is fixed on french language and azerty keyboard. The game doesn’t quit anymore with ^ or other key.

Je confirme que le bogue est corrigé, du moins en français et sur clavier azerty. Le jeu ne se ferme plus si on appuie sur ^ ou une autre touche du clavier.

NOPE not fixed, just tried it … ^ and ´ still quits the game

iMac 2017 - Ventura 13.6.7
German QWERTZ
Client Englisch

CMD+Q stiil quits the game if i removed the workaround.

1 Like

It is not that difficult. Does anybody at Blizzard use any other keyboard layout for testing? I reinstalled Wow, I disabled all the addons and the software closes when you press two keys in a german layout ( ^ and ´ ). It does not matter if you keybind them or not. Press the key and you kill the software. It is the most idiotic thing I’ve ever seen in a game. How can you kill a program by pressing a key???

Update: It is working now. Still don’t understand how something like that was not found by QA. The first poster explained that he/she had the issue in the Beta!

For me, the issue is also solved ^ is now working.

1 Like

same, even with OS keyboard shortcuts disabled.

Seems to be fixed on live, but beta still crashes when I press ACUTE ACCENT or APOSTROPHE. Hopefully it won’t come back when 10.0.2 goes live.

french keyboard got fioxed too for every key that crash the game

Thank for the dev putting time on it !

(^) and (´) have been fixed (German keyboard, English game client), but cmd + Q still shuts down the game, no matter, if system commands are enabled or not.

But at least the game is playable again. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Would love it if they could return to whatever they did to stop cmd+Q from shutting down the game. Makes running sideways while also moving the camera with the cursor almost impossible :slight_smile:

Was coming to provide the good new (tested on RPT).
Bug still on Bêta, but whatev’ ^^
I can express myself again, thanks !

MacBook Pro 2021
English QWERTY
English client
Cmd + Q still closes the game