Premades destroying PvP BG´s

Blizzard has to do smth about all those premades in BG´s they cant just kill AV premades and let other BG´s slide without attention either they bring back AV premades or make 5 man limit for any BG. there is just no fairness in banning AV premades but alowing other BG´s to get totaly boring and destroyd cuz everyone goes afk as soon as they see premades…

Or they just make it so if you are premade you get matched against the same amount of premades in the enemy team !

2 Likes

Premades in AV are very different than premades in others BGs. In AV only the Alliance could premade 1st of all. 2nd AV is developed to work as a PUG BG for casual play mostly.
How’s fair to play AV Alliance premade vs Horde PUG?
No offense but this type of mentality prevents people understanding the Classic Honor System and PvP altogether.

Now to explain as short as possible the question in hand.
The AB/WSG battlegrounds are working as intended by the game developers as they are right now. If you want more info ceck other threads on the matter.
The matchmaking can’t be changed without having a domino effect on the Honor system this games uses.

So in order to make the changes you like a major revamping of PvP system must take place. And something’s like that it’s just not possible.

So if you enjoy PvP find yourself a premade. That’s the only solution there is.
It’s bad, it’s not bad that’s the way it is.

3 Likes

Not just that, putting in those sorts of limitations opens up the possibility to do the premade exploits like it was done in retail for many years. The freedom to join a premade yourself is the simplest and fairest solution of all, instead of limiting those who would want to play in a premade to be forced to a smaller premade than the people who can still exploit it.

If anything, they should just remove the automatic matchmaking for teammates to force people to do full premades beforehand in AB and WSG. Yes, it’d shrink the amount of people playing those BGs, but it’s not the amount of people that determines queue times per se. It’s mainly the amount of people queuing from each faction that determines the queue times, so as long as they are even then it’ll be fast even if the total amount is small.
This way it’d also solve the problem of facing premades as a solo player. Solo players doesn’t belong in a team activity. This is why Classic has no LFR. Certain parts of the game were simply never intended to be possible for solo players.

gO bACK tO ReFAIL.

2 Likes

look whos writing from a retail char, dont write smth in a classic forum you bafoon go play your retail.

The freedom to join a premade yourself is the simplest and fairest solution of all

I don’t wanna play with scum that roll over and give up at the first sign of trouble.
I’ve seen it happen multiple times. People act really tough when they got 5 healers behind their back, but when things start to equalize, they ain’t so tough anymore and go in their little corner instead of fighting.
These are scum that I want nothing to do with. Let them play between themselves i say.

1 Like

And you’re free to choose what kind of people you’re playing with in a premade. Start your own and be as picky as you want. However, in automated matchmaking choosing who’s on your team for you, then you have no say whatsoever. They can be the worst players imaginable. You’d have absolutely no say in it.

And because of the whole xrealm business, you can’t even group up again if you happen to enjoy playing with some random person on your team if they’re not from the same server.

So the simplest and fairest solution is to let people choose for themselves who they play with as a proper premade. Makes queue exploits a non-issue as well.

The problem is the whining by the solo players who feel entitled to winning despite queuing solo and thereby choosing to handicap themselves, so the way to solve that is to simply remove automatic matchmaking for teammates. Force everyone to queue as a premade.

While it’d reduce the total amount of players queuing for BGs, since it isn’t as simple anymore, it’d also increase the amount of premades everywhere which would make it easier to get into a premade as well.

And as already explained, the impact on queue times would be impossible to predict. It’d all depend on the balance, as in how many from each faction there are that’s queuing at the same time and how (un)equal that is. The closer to equal it is, the quicker the queue time will be. The more unequal it is, the faster it’ll be for only one faction while it’ll be slower for the other. Regardless of the total amount of players queuing, that is.

Oh right, and people won’t AFK if their server reputation is on the line. Kinda hard to get invited again if you’re known on the server as a leecher, which would motivate people to not leech anymore. So you’d get rid of the AFK problem at the same time with such a solution.

Also, another thing to keep in mind, is that if you have to premade to enter a BG, with subsequently more premades to join wherever you’re playing since nobody would be able to solo queue anymore, then a phenomenon where premades that doesn’t only play for the honor per hour would be created as well.

People would be free to choose the kind of premade that suits them.
Instead of the authoritarian garbage you solo players keep whining for, about bringing the ineffective retail limit to Classic.
To which the only thing one can say is: go back to refail.

PS:
Realm wars would be fun. Especially in AV.

1 Like

Spoken like every other idiot that has to comment on the poster rather than the post.

And no, Blizzard don’t have to do a damn thing about premades. If you want separate queues, go to retail. Retail has separate queues.

No retail features in Classic.

If you want some chill PvP action why don’t you go AV?
You’re clearly not trying to rank or you’d be doing it with a premade.
If your argument is you should be able to hit R14 easily soloing, why can’t I easily solo BWL for gear?
Some things are just easier in a group.

Just stick to AV. I got to r11 spamming AVs. It’s gonna take a while but at least you don’t have to tolerate spergs in premades.

Add a solo queue with 66% of normal honor gain. Less teamwork and effort should give less honor but adding some casual fun at the same time.

lawl big oof

Except no, it’d still be impossible to beat the bots and the premade exploiters. Also, something many solo players want and is the underlying reason they keep whining about a solo queue is the reputation gains. You don’t deserve any like that.
So remove the incentives for premade exploiting a “solo queue”, and remove the incentive to bot it, THEN you can have a functional solo queue/premade queue split. Which means no honor and no reputation for a solo queue. Problem solved. You’d still have your “silly games”, and bots wouldn’t beat everyone else on the ladders, and the premade exploiters wouldn’t have a reason to annoy the crap out of the solo queue.

Why do they not deserve rep items?

^ Because of the same reason for this. It’s about the designed difficulty for the reward. To reduce the difficulty, reduces the perceived value.

An easy example of that is when they brought in LFR. It just simply doesn’t belong in Classic. You don’t deserve an easy mode.

(PS:
Difficulty doesn’t necessarily mean challenging, like doing clutch plays or whatever, it simply means how much is holding you back from getting it. Which, in Classic pvp, that’s only quantifiable as time and nothing else. It’s very frustrating as well though, which many have had to persevere through and you don’t deserve an easy way out for that.)

Also, as ALREADY MENTIONED:

Rewarding people for the easy choice attracts cheating. As simple as that.

So this premade discussion is not only about honor but about the rep rewards as well.

But we are talking about 2 different types of rewards here, 1 with a fixed goal and 1 with a relative goal.

And because of a mere possibilty you would deny that completely?

Interesting points.

You sound like an honest person so what I am about to say comes from a place of good faith and my idea is not to argue with you. Understand that a lot of this is due to faction imbalance and the way a large part pf the Horde player base acted during phase two and the AV situation. And to we need to air out a few things for clarity.

1. The Horde could do premades but given the faction imbalance it was very hard to do.
  2. A lot of people rolled Horde for PvP power because of the racial skills (No not all Horde players did that and it’s fine just be honest about it).
  3. Phase two was a nightmare for Alliance players especially on PvP servers. The ganking turned into griefing with people getting killed way past the point of giving 0 honor to the opponents.
  4. During that time gloating was rampant in the game and in the forums with Horde players spamming “Go To ReTaIL” “LTP” “PvP happens on a PvP server” “cry more alliance scum” and so on.
  5. Phase two HURT the server and population balance even more as some people quit and Horde players made fun of this. And the open world was unplayable on some servers for Alliance players.
  6. The Horde is more popular and attracts the PvP try-hards. Yes Alliance has it’s fair share of douche bags but the Horde has more based on numbers alone. (Yes NOT ALL Horde players are bad you just have more of them due to numbers!)
  7. The Horde has control over the open world and a better economy with more people to group up with. A lot of Horde players are boasting how great they are and so on.
  8. The AV Q was not an exploit per say. Unless you consider voice comps and exploit. And again the horde could do that as well.
  9. AV is heavily in favor of the Horde. The terrain, the choke points, the wall exploit (it got fixed just now), the distance from objectives and so on. Some players have reported over 40 consecutive losses… And the Horde players gloat about that as well.
  10. When Blizzard broke the AV premades it looked like they showed biased for the Horde.
  11. All that was very frustrating for the Alliance players. As soon as we started winning Blizzard put and end to it. And the Horde gloated over it yet again.
  12. When it comes to WSG and AV the Horde has a lot more try hard teams and the Alliance is getting the short end of the stick.

So yes they can’t change the the system now but for Alliance players it’s very uncomfortable and they CHANGED a system with AV when the Horde was calling for it. I’m sure Horde players are not in a good place when they get steamrolled by an Alliance premade but the faction imbalance is in full effect. And it’s past the point of annoyance. And yes there is a domino effect but this one is happening on it’s own. Some people don’t get it but when you chase away the opposing team you are playing with yourself and lest I checked you don’t get honor from duels.

4 Likes

The BGs sucks… it is unplayable for people that don’t want or same like me they are playing on servers with such a low population that there is not even a premade (DragonFang).

You can say pay 25 eur and go to other server, well as my friends are playing on Golemagg and it is locked, so for sure I’m not paying 25 eur to go to other server, after Blizzard basically scammed 9 months of subscription that I was not aware about when I did not log in a single time…

Just to give you some idea when you are on DragonFang around midnight now there is around 30-40 60lvl players online… so where should I find a premade here?

Match premades with premades that’s the only solution and let other non try-hard players play and have actually fun, which in my opinion it should be as it is a game and in current state it is just rushing objectives … thats not pvp thats pve between 2 factions … it sucks badly

Today I played 7 bgs and all are Alliance Marshal premades … so much fun to play this game seriously, after 4 days playing with 8 months pause I’m never gonna play this ‘‘Game’’

Game - an activity that one engages in for amusement or fun

1 Like

I understand as best as I can your points but I’m not sure how much relevance they have here. And here’s why:

The BGs are the same for both factions. I say this because there are lots of both Alliance and Horde players complaining about.

The reason why Blizzard changed the AV is because there were exploits.
Now the argument for them to be left alone in order to balance the AV is questionable and subject to another thread.
Actually the AV has some threads were people complain. And rightly so imo. As AV being the only BG for casuals to enjoy PvP it’s definitely not working as intended.

Now about BGs in more detail is 1 fact to consider, again due to how this game works.
PvP here is not designed for fun.
It is designed to farm, grind like a zombie for Rank and rewards.
It was developed for players with tons of free time. As at level 60 you don’t have much content in this game.
And obviously in the spirit of the game, as in raids and dungeons, where you have to look for other players, premades.
The only question there is, why they left the option for SoloQ?
Sure some may argue that back in Vanilla it was a different experience. Ofc it was because back then players didn’t took full advantage of the game mechanics as now. As you see boosting, gold farming and so on.

So ot leaves us with the question, what can be done?
Nothing.
That’s what people wanted the same game as before. That’s what Blizzard promised (yes i know). Blizz can only fix exploits, bugs and such. Again I know, in theory.
So now to make change is a bit idk complicated…

I’m not sure how well I explained and if this makes sense to all who will read it.

Now if I were to make changes to the BGs right know it’s 1 change that makes most sense to me.
Make premade vs premade in BGs as long as Pug vs Pug will have a hefty penalty on the Honor gain.
But this is not the end all solution either.
I’m pretty sure they’ll be as many complains as there are now.

Ps. So in the end there’s really nothing to be done.

1 Like

/applaud

100% agree

The only thing you can do is go with the the flow, meaning go to big pvp server do what others do to rank up, but I have never enjoyed just smashing people that has not chance to win or even sometimes even to kill a single member of a grp, not saying that there is not some number of bgs that are very much fun (for me it was around 3am when there are no premades and generally people just wanna fight each other <3)

For me the solution was to unninstal the game, there are plenty of others games…

1 Like

It is such a shame because on the rare occasion that you get pug v pug it is genuinely so fun but you have to sit through premade vs pug so many times to get a good match.

4 Likes