Price Update on Subscription Options, Game Time, and more for World of Warcraft® during War in Ukraine and after the terrible earthquake in Turkey

I am disappointed and saddened by the increase in the subscription cost of World of Warcraft in Ukraine during the war and after the devastating earthquake in Turkey. Both countries are already facing economic difficulties, and the price hike feels unjust.
The average salary in Ukraine is around 300 EUR per month, while the minimum wage is 170 EUR per month. The situation is no better in Turkey. The ongoing war and the aftermath of the earthquake only worsen the challenges.
I hope the company takes these factors into account and reconsiders its decision, showing understanding by reverting to the previous subscription prices to ease the financial burden on players.

4 Likes

have i just travelled in time O.o

6 Likes

you are giving me deja vue right now :joy:

2 Likes

i’m telling u to stop trolling.

1 Like

The moderator will delete the topic soon, don’t worry

4 Likes

yeah they’re silencing all these topics…

2 Likes

I think it’s time Breaths be renamed into Barks. Every time he shows up here, it’s always a loud barking at everyone.

4 Likes

Swear I clicked the WoW icon on browser and not the blue bird
So weird

I think the comments were because there have been so many threads about this. Checking search, most of them seem to have been 404’d, presumably because they just end up in arguing. I think the only one left is
https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/deafness-of-subscription-prise-increase-in-ukraine/452150

It’s easier to just delete the topic than to block trolls who breed quarrels in the comments
Great job moderation that that post is still flagged as spam

2 Likes

I mean, as much as I want to feel empathy for the price increase, it got increased and it’s still lower than the cost of it everywhere else in EU.

WoW at the end of the day as much as some will hate to hear it, is a luxury product, if you cannot financially afford it, you shouldn’t get it and not blame Blizzard for trying to unify the cost of wow.

It’s not their fault your country is at war, neither that your economy is bad.

2 Likes

You do realise that not everyone who uses Cyrillic is Russian right? A number of countries, including Ukraine, use the Cyrillic alphabet and the RU servers so have names in the Cyrillic alphabet and your comment is nought but xenophobic and uneducated.

6 Likes

why would u assume that i didn’t know that lol i never accused someone who is not a russian with being a russian

1 Like

my post got flagged , i can’t believe you guys are oppressing ukrainians who are trying to express their disappointment. shame on you. stop comparing yourself to the people who are suffering from actual war , it’s not the same thing. i really can’t believe people are being this insenstive about war and making joke about people’s feelings, the person who trolled didn’t get flagged but i did , GREAT JOB.

3 Likes

Professionals work

1 Like

You got flagged because you broke the rules. He didnt get flagged because while he was joking it was a remark that this is a duplicated thread (which in itself makes this thread a violation of the rules) and there are still 2 open threads open about it. One is 6days old and the other 5 days old.

Also no one is oppressing what you claim considering YOU got flagged. The OP did not (even though he could be)

There is also Donations to Ukrainian players which addresses it.

3 Likes

Doubt OP is Ukranian, just an attention seeker, a protector of the human rights, the voice of the Ukranian players.

I created a topic on the same day when the news about the change in the subscription price appeared and the topic was deleted, although there were no others, I wonder right?

1 Like
  1. you don’t know that, they might have been flagged just not by enough people to have their post hidden.

2. calling people trolls is against the forum code of conduct is classed as flamebaiting which is why you probably got flagged by enough people to get your post hidden.

3. either way you will both have your posts looked at by the moderation team hidden by flags or not

4. don’t be so sensitive, who cares if you get a post hidden? It’s still there, people can still read it if they want to and if a moderator deems it hasn’t broken any rules it will be restored with no harm done to whatsoever and if they do deem it has broken rules all you will get at worst is the inability to post for a few hours.

5 Likes

On the day of the news the forum was quite literally flooded with topics about it.

And depending on how your thread went it got deleted or not. Given most threads went downhill straight away they removed most of the threads.