Propositions about Rare mounts farm

I have a Deathcharger in my bags. I wish I could trade it to a friend of mine.

That would certainly make it easier, but why then have a drop ā€˜chanceā€™ at all? Whatā€™s the fun in that? Your idea is basically a postponed guaranteed drop unless you put a max on the drop rate %. Better make it a 100% right off the bat, then. Fun.

Fair enough. But your interest has no bearing on Blizzā€™s decision on how to acquire it. They set you a goal and either you commit or you donā€™t - therein lies the challenge. They set the bar - itā€™s up to you to see if you can meet it.

But people, Iā€™m so surprised by all of you here who seem to think their cosmetic needs outweigh the required work. This game is not about you or what you want, itā€™s about us living in an adventure world where some things are just not for everyone - but it can be, if youā€™re good, lucky or committed enough.

This is perfectly ok to me, for non-achievement mounts and with other players. Not trading into some NPC construct, but with another player so the rarity of mounts stay intact.

Wanna trade for Mimironā€™s Head? :wink:

Iā€™m not sure how blizzardā€™s decision made it there and Iā€™m not going to try to understand. also, I wouldnā€™t call RNG a goal, hence the existence of this thread. People are asking for a goal, since randomness ainā€™t it.

1 Like

I wish I could trade the Headless Horseman mount. I was running the holiday dungeon on Alts for XP and it dropped at least twice that year when I already had it.

Yet Iā€™ve been farming the Love Rocket on all eligible characters every year for longer than I can remember and I have never seen it drop.

You are contradicting yourself. Neither is ā€œfunā€, regardless if you get it after 1 or after 10.000 kills.

The suggestion is more structure as a time investment.

• You will get it eventually after X amount of time
  • You might actually never get it, if RNGesus doesnā€™t favor you

Do you see the difference?

How wrong you are, itā€™s not a challenge.

Or do you consider buying a lottery ticket with the excuse ā€œTheyā€™ve set the bar - itā€™s up to you to see if you can winā€?

I think it is a little bizzare that some STILL BELIEVE that with enough tries on /50 characters they will eventually acquire a mount/item.

Reality is that you might neverā€¦

I know two mount collectors, both have been farming the new Midnight since legion. They have never seen it drop and they rock it every single reset with bonus rolls.

And chances are they will never get it.

Iā€™m not saying itā€™s wrong, by the way

Itā€™s a system meant to continuously engage players in a activity in which they hope to be rewarded, even though they might never be.

I think the more healthy discussion is, how many Rivendare kills should it take to get the mount?

1k? 5k? 10k? moreā€¦?

Because if it becomes guaranteed to eventually drop, people will waste their lives on it.

And would be that be good or bad? :confused:

The moment this is implemented, you will see a BOOM of black market third party sites selling these.

In fact, they already exist selling TCG mounts and the prices are insane.

Problem here is, Activision Blizzard isnā€™t getting that moneyā€¦ so I can straight of the bat tell you, that mount trading between players will NEVER become a thing, unless thereā€™s profit in it for Activision Blizzard.

1 Like

I totally agree with you, Goal is chosen then you need hard work, and known steps to reach it, with RNG you can not drop this mount in next 20 years, or even never, how is that Goal if nothing depends on you?

Like i would say: My Goal is that one day scientists will create a car which will fly to the moon :smiley: not being scientist myself

2 Likes

That love rocket hates me. I spend hours daily farming that during the event.

2 Likes

Same, I get to the point where I have to wait an hour because Iā€™ve entered too many instances before I can carry on farming.

Itā€™s like Iā€™m possessed, nothing else matters, all daily stuff is forgotten, must farm the Love Rocket. :crazy_face:

Nothing in the game should have a 0.1% drop rate if the farm isnā€™t spammable. Either make it have a reasonable droprate like >10%, farmable for tokens, or easy to farm whatever that drops it in a short time frame.

1 Like

Putting in BadLuck protection would make mount farming basically a gigantic Argent Tournament farm.

No thanks.

Maybe tune up some insane drop rates who are low for no particular reason.

I donā€™t think you can say it hates you unless you have over 1.900 kills or something (thatā€™s the unlucky-lucky threshold), I know you have a lot of toons but Iā€™d have to know your attempts before saying youā€™re unlucky yet on it, cause even with your toons thatā€™s several years with all to reach that.

I personally think something like timereaver, which is 1 in 4.000 drop, could use a system where drop rate goes up a little after a certain amount of kills, itā€™s 0,025% drop, letā€™s say it can go up till 0,5% in dint of not dropping, then stops, you donā€™t ruin the surprise but I assure you, getting a 0,5% drop has nothing to do with the current drop rate chance, this would stop cases of 30.000 kills and no drop.

The mounts tied in with events are harder to achieve though, as you have a limited time in which to farm. So personally it took me 9 years to get the Headless Horseman mount, the Love Rocket I do not have so I feel the pain :slight_smile:

The fact that these mounts are tied to events where you can only farm them for 1 or 2 weeks a year I think should have an increased drop rate.

Players killing a raid boss or world boss 2000 times and still not getting it deserve to be able to buy it i despise the saying RnG is RnG .

Players getting the Love Rocket on first kill were as me and others have put in 11 years and 1000s of kills and told to suck it up its not right .

2 Likes

Believe it or not for how mathematics works we can say that in some sense there is already some sort of bad luck protection.

Do not missunderstand me, if a boss has a X% of dropping the mount every individual kill will have X% of dropping the mount. But there is another stadistic more important that people usually ignores, wich is the X% of killing a boss N times and dropping at least 1 mount. And that % increase when N increase (but it never reach 100% of course).

Theorically you could kill a boss with a 1% change of drop 1000 times and donā€™t get the mount, but that changes is very improbable, the odds are 1 in 50000.

It just means it you keep trying eventually the mount will drop, even if is not guaranted. Specially now that it is so easy to have many characters to try every week. So keep trying.

1 Like

I easily have that but I donā€™t use any of those tracking addons because I donā€™t think it helps to be told Iā€™m unlucky.

It is a rare mount that has a very narrow farming window.

1 Like

Achivements hunter and collectors says hi!!

Variety is fine - frustration isnā€™t. 800+tries on tusk of manaroth(some virtual item in game)? There should be some line drawn in RNG system.

2 Likes

I donā€™t know about mounts, but the meta achievement items like Mechagon ones should never have such an abysmally low drop rate, or should have a bad luck protection implemented. A meta achievement should be doable while the patch is current. It shouldnā€™t take potentially a year of mindless camping and grinding to finish the zoneā€™s meta.

King Mechagon minifig says hi.
I know itā€™s not part of the meta but itā€™s frustrating having that one gap.

But it is rare. Not everyone has the will nor commitment to finish the Nazjatar meta, which all in all requires at worst three months of daily stuff.