PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 1)

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/861048257425440818/883147920097026048/WoWScrnShot_090321_013245.jpg

I’m blending in.

9 Likes

Had a looksie on the PTR before going to bed, the new Nightborne and Lightforged stuff looks phenomenal, and the tentacle toggle is nice, though it makes some hairs look like they’re floating in mid-air on account of the tentacle mesh underneath being missing.

In some cases you can even angle the camera to peek up and see the bald head underneath!

They are making the Val’sharah Hippogryph a Legion Timewalking mount for 5k currency things. . .

after THREE freaking EXPANSIONS of grinding Court of Farondis rep for an updated unarmoured hippogryph model they dare put this in game after I quit??? hello???

the fomo is real, but at least this is evergreen in being purchasable whenever legion timewalk is around . . . BUT STILL !!!

i am livid.

WHICH REMINDS ME! since we’re adding so many QoL features to get ppl back to the game, how about we go making the Legion Paragon mounts purchasable for gold or at least make the drop rate not worse than something that is really really rare and down to luck!!?!!?!???!!?!?!!!?!??!?!??!

7 Likes

I just came from the Black Rook Hold set and Nightborne weapons and the Timewalking hippogryph (if only the darn Farondis’ one would drop!).

Git on my level, just missing the Elekks and Farondis Hippogryph :flex:

Also, I hope the Black Rook Hold armor is cosmetic… would be cool for my warrior-turned-monk night elf.

Oh, man. I feel so bad. I got that mount the first time I ever got a chest back in Legion.

Now I wish we could trade mounts in the game.

2 Likes

I had that with the nightborne flying carpet :sweat_smile:

I don’t mind this al that much tbf, especially since its not the only appearance bieng added. Were it the only transmog addes, I would certainly frown, but :man_shrugging:

This is a weird change.

https://mobile.twitter.com/keyboardturn/status/1433611805541089280

1 Like

Fantasy racism is now a dogwhistle.

2 Likes

My weirdly, but good, skincoloured enemy could you please leave this life when I stab you with my sword? Apologies if I was to offensive.

I get Blizzard wants to get rid of their racist/sexist imagine, but there’s something as going too far.

Calling a orc a blackblood, or greenskin, is not offensive or the same as RL human-on-human racism.

1 Like

It seems arbitrary and insulting, arbitrary because there are much more egregious examples of racism in the game and insulting because of the implication people can’t separate fantasy or fiction from reality.

I don’t really think Dannath calling orcs ‘Greenskins’ was on the list of problems the game had.

8 Likes

How are they going to change Danath further? He’s one of the most racist gamers in WoW and was actively wanting Orc genocide. So much so he went on a death campaign to another world to achieve that end.

3 Likes

Not like his hatred or anyone’s hatred of Orcs could ever be unjustified… As far as races go, I can’t think of any (Except Elves) that unleashed devastation, committed mass murder and ruined a planet while also enjoying every second of it, with or without Demon blood as WoD proved us.

I’m not saying racism = good. I’m saying consistency and logical emotional responses is. Maraad and Trollbane’s hatred of Orcs and racism have a myriads of justification on their side. Besides it’s kinda how the game began, Humans VS Orcs kind of direct animosity, one that elevated both races and pushed forwomard the creation of the factions of old.

This inconsequential yet tiny move just makes the World of Warcraft feel less alive, less believable, then again it’s expected after they made racist supremacist Orc Warchief no longer calling Sylvanas a female dog or even worse in my eyes Darion Mograine not getting his rear whooped by his dad for assaulting Light’s Hope Chapel and killing a number of nameless paladin troopers because that doesn’t work in the writers’ image of a good story.

1 Like

Yep, same. On one hand, good. On the other, I had made the hippogryph a Leyfeather at this point anyway so even if I had stayed, too late to help. But good for others!

Nah. Racism is ok and even good in Warcraft, just not cool when its used as an outlet for someone’s IRL convictions and frustrations.

Here’s a thread about it:

1 Like

To once again quote the late Terry Pratchett

“Racism was not a problem on the Discworld, because—what with trolls and dwarfs and so on—speciesism was more interesting. Black and white lived in perfect harmony and ganged up on green.”

17 Likes

Devil’s advocate time.

It doesn’t ultimately matter as much what Danath, an imaginary human in an imaginary universe, calls imaginary orcs in an imaginary enemy force — as it matters what kind of impression new players in the real world will have about this game.

We lore nerds know who Danath is and what troubled history he has with orcs. But WoW isn’t made for us alone. To new players, who start with BfA content, Danath is just a quest giver in a warfront, and he isn’t a villain, or at least isn’t intended to be seen as such by Alliance players. He’s also not intended by the authors to be an obviously wrong bigot like Garithos.

The impression that new players are going to get is that he categorizes an enemy race more by their skin color than the real reason he should be angry at them: the fact that they’re currently invading his homeland.

So, can you trade timewarped badges for legion rep tokens?

Can you get the whatsit boxes for doing it that way?

1 Like

Why can’t it be both? Why does Danath have to have a sudden moral rebound when it comes to orcs? This dude was willing to dissolve the old Alliance because they didn’t agree on executing every single orc they captured. On its own, Danath saying or not saying “greenskin” is a non issue and could just be how the devs felt the delivery was off, but we know why they’re doing it, and much like all the easy wins as of late straight from their “in case of emergency” folders it comes off as incredibly shallow but in this case also tone deaf given the setting for the Battle of Stromgarde. This is the same guy who screams that he’s going to put Lady Liadrin’s head on a pike atop the walls of his keep.

3 Likes

nightborne finally looking closer to what they should have at their launch, with weapons that have been in the files since then finally being implemented

i love it with all of my heart, but it is very hard not to be bitter. bfa could have been a different expansion for me if these things had been there to begin with and i could have mained a nightborne like i had planned to

please don’t let this be the end of the line for things like this though, i don’t want them to drop all of this in 9.1.5 and then go back to business as usual

2 Likes