PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 1)

I adore this game, or rather what it was and what it could be.

It took a lot to finally drive me away from this game. But it also means it will take a lot to forgive it.

7 Likes

I do hope they’ll add some more HM and tauren customisations next round! They deserve some love aswell!

My sentiment precisely.

They confirmed that the next race they are going to look at is HM Tauren. I presume DI Dwarves/Kul Tirans will come with them.

1 Like

Dark Iron Dwarves are in a pretty good spot I feel. There’s always room for improvement but they did relatively well.

Kul Tirans definitely need some help though.

I am assuming every Allied Race will get some more customisation, but with Void Elves having a lot [and getting stuff even now] makes sense that they’d skip over them for now and address Allied Races by order of release. But yes, if we’re talking purely about what’s available for every race, Kul Tirans should be up first.

Kul Tirans would be fine with more hair styles/facial hair.
Dark Irons are in the same boat. Also mustache, beard needs to be separated like it was for everyone else.

1 Like

remove high mountain tauren, add their options to standard tauren and add taunka
also the same for lightforged draenei, give their options to standard draenei and add broken

this is my final demand and i will not negotiate on this position

2 Likes

To be fair, you can say that about the majority of Allied Races. Mechagnomes could be merged with Gnomes, Dark Irons with Dwarves, Mag’har with Orcs. The only ones that actually look unique and distinctive enough to be their own races are Nightborne, Zandalari, Kul Tirans and Vulpera.

3 Likes

I could, and now I do.

Thank you.

1 Like

do not give in to the temptation

1 Like

yaungol*

fixed that for you

1 Like

I’ve said that since they added them.

Especially since Broken on Argus share the same model as Draenei + you can go way more ways with Broken

Example:
With LFD and normal Draenei, you’re stuck with how they look. LFD cannot look like normal Draenei or Eredar, because they’re Lightforged. While, had they been added as customisation options, and then add red skin to Draenei, you’d have 3 for the prize of 1.

As for Broken; they could’ve gone with Lost Ones’ appearance, normal Broken, Void Broken, and probably some more appearance. + it would open the option for Broken Druids.

Literally should’ve been customisation options for Humans to. Thanks.

Both**

firm disagree, a completely different skeleton =/= just a customization option. You wouldn’t put zandalari under regular trolls either, surely?

but taunka are boring

then why is your appereance like one huh :sunglasses:

unpopular opinion: yes.

and we can go a step further, add those dire trolls or w/e those hulky things are too!!

and then we go a step beyond and add all night elf customization to trolls too! :smiling_imp:

1 Like

They’d be under normal tauren, since they’re essentially the same.
Yaungol have a different culture and religion, so can be separate.

wdym my face isn’t a flat surface

lollll

Exactly, yaungol are simply the better pick to take up a race slot

1 Like

A fair point, but I was more thinking in the lines of a Height/weight slider on normal Humans, which would basicly allow them to make the Kul Tiran appearance aswell, I think :thinking:

Pretty sure that the “Dark” Shamanism the Taun’ka use is pretty frowned upon within the rest of the Horde and Tauren society in general?

Also pretty sure that Taun’ka, Tauren and Yaungol all have different cultures aswell.(except for the fact that Yaungol have been fleshcrafted into crazies?)

Don’t get me wrong, for all I care they make all 3 playable, I’d love to play em!

But, since Taun’ka and Tauren share everything, model-wise, I’d argue Taun’ka would be a better fit for customisation option for Tauren then Yaungol!

There’s no apostrophe! It’s just taunka.
And it’s not really dark shamanism, they bulky the elements a bit because they’re more wild in Northend so the taunka must he forceful.
They’re not twisting the elements.

Aight! I did not know that…

I remeber it being spelled Taun’ka! But I won’t do that anymore… (Don’t want to be thrown on a pile with the Kal’dorei people >_>)

Ah, fair! I vaguely remeber it being called Dark Shamanism waaaaay back, so I assumed it was still considered that!