PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 1)

it finally explains why gods can support two conflicting races. they actually just 3d print another one for when there’s a clash so they each have their own

nightborne have their own elune that wouldn’t let them burn alive

1 Like

You can honestly make up the most goofball :poop: for this game and it’d sound like lore at this point.

1 Like

does danuser play kyrian
is that why pelagos is the new arbiter

2 Likes

mfw the gods are made in a build-a-bear workshop and you can mix and match the best parts of your favourites

3 Likes

I smell a 10.0 progression system coming up.

2 Likes

We might never know akamito. I intend to laugh forever.

Also when i started calling zereth mortis a cosmic 3d printer i didn’t expect blizzard to copy me.

I’m flattered.

pet battles but you make your own gods that clash across the cosmos

At a risk of sounding like a broken record.

Shadowlands has genuinely overshadowed every other expansion for having absolutely diabolical lore; from the rather uninspired (and unintentionally bleak) afterlives to the entire “master puppeteer” villain it has been utter tripe.

Between Blizzard having to backtrack on their own narrative and world-building; with the Kyrians, to them stomping all over Warcraft 3 (Kel’thuzad never actually became friends with Arthas and was literally using him for the Jailer) and lore from literally two expansions ago (Sylv didn’t want to be Warchief and wished it never came to her, but she was actually proud to be the first female warchief, but also she had to be warchief for the big master plan) I honestly don’t know how anyone at Blizzard can pat themselves on the back for this.

Shadowlands has been an utter joke. And no doubt people will coin what I’ve said in a much more friendly and positive manner on tw*tter and they’ll just be disregarded as “negative holistics in the dojo” or whatever new-age, immaterial, quixotic phrases Blizzard tell themselves in the morning.

Edit: Remember folks, the jailer is the final chapter of a story told since the start of Warcraft 3.

I look at the camera and smile.

21 Likes

Azeroth the world soul wakes up and finishes the Jailer, then 3d prints more Titans to fight the void and light lords. Through arcane power, order is restored.

At least they remembered that they had to resolve the plot where everyone goes to full throttle turbohell.

We did it, boys! We saved the Shadowlands! Just forget about all the innocent souls that got tortured and obliterated, okay?

Seriously, what in the world? As easy as it is to clown on the premise of the expansion, I actually find the idea of having a problem of everyone being sent to Hell easy to connect to on an emotional level. WoW’s not attracting zoomers, so I’m going to say we’re all old enough to have lost someone dear to us and regardless of your religious beliefs or lack there of, it’s still an uncomfortable thought to think “man, my grandma who greeted me every day after school amde made the best pies… well, she’s currently having her soul immolated and turned into armor.”

And instead of running what’s a cool premise, we instead get

Blizzard seems to have a penchant for having a cool premise and then derailing it for the wacky adventures of Sylvanas and friends, all while continuing to ruin the existing lore.

Come with me to roboland

do the sepulcrists know that they were 3d printed all along or is this a revelation to them

maybe the old gods aint so crazy after all, trying to turn people from robots into living beings

6 Likes

3d printed divinities is a pretty cool idea tbh but I don’t think this will actually explore what’s cool about that idea.

also it’s more or less the endgame revelation of a CRPG franchise.

1 Like

It’s to me another one of Danuser’s delusional ideas that bigger equals better and he hates the idea that anything before his creative touch was better. So in Ulduar we had a forge that could generate Titan servants, now we have a forge that generates actual gods.

Bigger.

Better.

6 Likes

one where the gods and their meddling in our affairs is a constant factor and baked into the worldbuilding from the ground up, instead of us finding out they exist 6 months ago IC.

3 Likes

mhmm, and the inciting incidents of the plot are all fallout from the actions of those divinities and the society that printed them from the very first actions onwards

1 Like

Feels like Shin Megami Tensei at home, with personalityless robots that have no concept of free will representing order.

Y’know, except instead of being incomprehensible to a human mind, God comes out of a 3D printer you bought from Zerith Amazon.

who made the 3d printer

1 Like

The Firstest Ones.

2 Likes