PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 1)

A thought that occurs to me is that if Pelagos is going to be the new Arbiter (which would basically repeat the Yrel problem where a character is introduced and then goes through a ton of development you don’t see if you’re not the right faction), it’d involve taking a character who is explicitly trans and transitioned to male and then putting him back into a female form, presumably

Did anyone think about this

1 Like

I always did think people’s response to being /spit on because they are riding store mounts is a massive overreaction. I don’t understand how a stranger typing /spit while targeting you can ruin someone’s day. I’m not saying it can’t happen, I just don’t get it.

Hey, so totally random question that has nothing to do with anything that may have been divulged about upcoming story details, but…

Does Pelagos play any sort of significant role in the overarching story of Shadowlands, or even just make an appearance in the non-Kyrian storylines?

Who says the Arbiter has to be male or female?

Jailer was the arbiter (and male), the current Arbiter was a feminine robot, he could keep hus current form probably?

The Echo Chamber must go on.

**** Danuser, his team and everyone who thought this was the right direction story-wise.

You’d have to be a complete brainwashed WoW Andy to support this and unfortunately, there are too many of them.

Emotes hurt.

Just ask Blizzard and why they removed some emotes and words.

Not just emotes. Depictions of Women too.

Not that I remember. I think he appears once or twice, and while I do think his story is cool, I only think Blizzard would make him the next arbiter because making him that important to the setting would be a very politically correct move, and Blizzard needs that tailwind now more than ever. It’s just a shame that the story has to suffer, again, for the sake of that.

Cover up or get turned into a fruitbowl.

They really don’t be seeing the problem with covering up women.

It’s the only rational choice left. Gods, save us from the machines…

Turns out the Void Lords were the good guys after all.

1 Like

Of what I can remember? Besides Bastion leveling and the Covenant campaign, he shows up during other covenants’ quests that involve Kyrians (I think it was Maldraxxus attack on house of… Constructs?) and other such things. He is also one of the guests you can invite to your Venthyr party.

I may have forgotten something and perhaps he also took part in something after I unsubbed, but nothing that I’ve seen would suggest that he is going to become the new Archon or whatever they have for him in this new patch. If they go even beyond that and make him an Arbiter… Well, that makes even less sense to me.

Pelagos shows up here and there but not he’s not massively present or even important to the grand plot of the Shadowlands. It’d be like the Outrigger captain from Stormsong Valley being crowned the new Lord Admiral at the end of the Kul Tiras storyline.

5 Likes

Hang on a minute, the humans came about because the Vrykul got turned into fleshy squishies, right?

… So why are they the ones getting 3D printed out of this machine and not Vrykul?

1 Like

I’m right there with you. It’s not like I’ll flat out ignore people acknowledging Shadowlands lore in RP, but I’m avoiding touching any of it myself. It’s just… another setting dumped right into Warcraft.

1 Like

Because vrykul were made by titans and anything titan related infuriates Danuser because that’s a good idea that was made before he started at Blizzard and in his eyes the only way to write the story for WoW is to make it better than before, and the only idea of making the story better is to write the same story but bigger because bigger is better. So now the first ones printed literally everything in the universe so that Steve Danuser can say his idea is the biggest and therefore the best because it was the progenitor of everything.

Does it make sense? No, the man’s insane.

The printer is sentient and always was.

He’s like Kleia’s little brother with confidence issues, kind of overcoming the worst of it across the expansion.

Continuity exists to blah blah blah.

Thats a lie!

1 Like