PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 1)

“It all was originally robots”

And I tossed the world building in the bin.

5 Likes

aschkually it’s not all robots, this universe is all robots, see, because it’s the matrix, which people made. Real Azeroth has a totally different origin and we’re going to be unplugged after this expac into a whole new-but-also-very-familiar world.

i’m gonna unplug da’nuser tbh

5 Likes

My hate for the next patch keeps growing with even the smallest hint of “everything is robots, look at our awesome world we build since war3”

Sod off, Danuser.

1 Like

This is a story that has been going on since Warcraft 3, the Jailer (who is a master manipulator) has had all this planned since Blizzard was a much smaller studio.

I look at the camera and smile. The lights are on but no one is home.

2 Likes

Honestly at this point the only way to salvage the setting is to have everyone wake up and find out it was all a dream.

1 Like

“Hey! Hey you! You’re finally awake!”

1 Like

if the first ones made everything wtf were the titans doing?

taking credit for someone elses school project

3 Likes

They were in the way of Danuser’s magnum opus.

1 Like

it’d be extremely based if they just fired danuser and golden + the rest of the story dev team and the next expansion story literally just picks up with Magni shaking you awake and going

“Afterlife? Shadowlands? Jailer? What are you on about? You must’ve been dreaming, there’s a giant sword in Azeroth that needs to be taken care of!”

3 Likes

I miss “Wooooons!” man, I’d take back meme machine Khadgar over this.

1 Like

Doubt you can blame the whole story team.
I mean if I was working there and my boss/Danuser said:

“shut your pie-hole, you make this a story as how I view it or else i’ll make sure you never get another job in this industry”

I would write whatever the flip he wants, with tears in my eyes, but i’d write in the damn Dan’User, the supreme warcraft God who had planned all of this to happen because the Jailer, Sargeras, Azeroth was all part of his master plan spanning back ions…(heh)

Why is the engine and creator machine of all physical reality in the realm of the dead, again?

I think I might have an easier time stomaching this new lore if we learned the so-called First Ones were Titan constructs themselves. That whatever the denizens of the Shadowlands believe in that regard is simply not true, and much like the living cosmos, the organized afterlives were made by the Pantheon - at great cost I’m sure, seeing as the 3D printer in Zereth Mortis seems to demand the essence of a Titan to function.

Someone else want a hit of my copium?

2 Likes

Azeroth, the greatest Titan and maker of all sleeps in our world. She is the First and the Last.

This is an intervention.

https://www.recoverybootcamp.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/intervention.jpg

3 Likes

I wanted to say that I don’t think everything we see actually comes directly from the printer, just the “shape” of it, and then it becomes physical through the power of anime, sorry anima, which also gives them their soul/personality and whatnot.

Unfortunately, saying that fills me with dread, because it means I have to try and fathom this garbage lore.

2 Likes

‘Attack and Dethrone God’ seems even more ‘based’ and relevant these days.

What have they actually worked on aside from WoW? Have they published anything?

Can we follow Elden Ring’s example and hire an author people like? GRRM, Brandon Sanderson… literally anyone but Dasnoozer and Golden?