PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 1)

okay but you realise you could also spend this time playing Age of Conan right…

1 Like

Someone has to be the face to get the heat. Clearly it works since I haven’t heard of this Parker guy until just now.

Not typing up a lengthy response to what we was talked about earlier. So in short: Don’t think she’s a very good author. Not responsible for inconsistent storytelling. That’s bonehead management. C- author at best. Ranges from average to sadorc/10. Video game tie ins are always not very good. Hating her for gender is very cringe and people who do it do this:

Better than Knaak 300% though. Is that guy still alive?

2 Likes

Golden’s book are more digestible, they have a decent average on all the qualities that make a good book.

Knaak however has dreadful writing but I suppose making politics into an exciting topic is a tough thing to do, however he BTFOs Golden when it comes to the juicy world building and the much latter parts of his books are more enjoyable with the pay-off.

Just had to be the Devil’s advocate.

Thanks. I hate it.

Danuser can step on Legos for his entire life.

1 Like

I see Danuser has discovered Google translate to Latin.

you mean treating the world larger than a one-week boat trip? or a fifteen minute zeppelin ride across continents?

1 Like

great I hate it

also ordos is the name of the yaungol fire god
does that mean anything who knows
can’t wait to spend the next five expacs going to each zereth in turn before the 6th expac after shadowlands is the apex zereth alphaomegalands

1 Like

Hope you brought your MoP cloak or you’re not getting into Ordos.

5 Likes

gotten that creatively bankrupt they’re just leeching words from mop

anima and ordos, next it’s gonna be pandaren

1 Like

the rotund shape of the pandaren fits one of those weird robot balls in perfectly

pandaren are the ultimate arcane construct calling it now or whatever

2 Likes

Why is it sexism? Could be any other person, ngl. Roux and Golden are the most wel known atm, but had it been any other man/woman/whatever, they would’ve they would’ve tanken all the criticism instead🤷🏼‍♂️

Golden isn’t tanking this because she’s a woman. She’s tanking it because people think she is the most active story-dev…

Robot Pandaren.

Justin Parker has been with Blizzard for 23 years, gad damn.

The problem is that the same people keep bringing her up in matters that literally have nothing to do with her, despite having been told several times now that Golden is not a story dev, let alone part of the WoW team. It almost borders on obsession at this point the way people let her live rent free in their heads.

10 Likes

Enter the Heart of Tryphobia.

The skybox there is kind of cool, I can give it that. Reminds me of being dead.

The sexism claim is a rlly funny one when danuser (who to the best of my knowledge isn’t a woman?) catches way more flak and i dare assume golden isn’t the only female writer involved with wow/blizzard

Maybe
Perhaps
Possibly

She’s just a bad/boring writer who keeps doing wacky stuff on twitter

4 Likes

and maybe perhaps possibly the amount of flak or the continuous blame on her is not proportionate to being a bad/boring writer who does wacky (boomer) stuff on twitter

absolutely no one is forcing you to check her tom hiddleston thirst lol

maybe perhaps possibly when it has been said over and over again (yet never seemingly enough) she isn’t an actual lore dev, continuous ree-ing at golden just makes you seem a little . . . sexist, or what else would be the reason to bring her up ad nauseam? especially when, you know, they also have a reputation to act that way in general?

3 Likes

The difference of course is that Danuser actually is responsible for the story direction in WoW, so he gets flak deservedly. Whereas Golden, as has been pointed out numerous times by now, is not responsible for the story direction in WoW, yet she also gets flak for it.

She can do all the wacky stuff she wants on Twitter, doesn’t make her any more deserving of dumb empty-headed criticism which maybe, perhaps, possibly could be driven by sexism.

7 Likes

“unless you equally hate on every woman at blizz you’re not being sexist” okay lmao

4 Likes