PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Yeah true i think anyone who obsessively checks twitter has major brainrot.

I think people who write for WoW, whether they’re an official lore person or not, carry part of the responsibility for how WoW is written that doesn’t seem very crazy to me

This might be a hard pill to swallow but an individual woman can be disliked without it being sexism.

I know u got a thing going for Buosh and all but much like weirdos shouldn’t gave golden living in their head rent free just because her writing is lame, you shouldn’t have an evil avatar of a forum poster living in your head for 0 dollars

1 Like

I was the one who called him out first, so it’s a bit weirdchamp that you’d go for Nera on this. Maybe you’ve got a thing for him?

Boush’s sexist. No I won’t elaborate.

5 Likes

Didn’t ask, don’t care, the point is only that we can distinguish between Danuser and Golden’s roles in how the story is handled, so acting like Danuser getting flak for the story is proof positive that there ain’t no sexism going on here is weird to say the least.

agree

lol,
lmao

Personally I’m of the opinion of blaming people for things they’ve actually done

8 Likes

Sorry for not giving you credit first i’m sure you also did your best

A man gets more flak and none of the other women get noteworthy flak (aside from roux briefly because she made some weirdo tweets that people forgot about after a week) but it’s definitely 100% fuelled by sexism

lol

So like the words they write & the ideas they push for? Strongly agree.

What words+ideas did Golden write that deserve flak in Shadowlands exactly?

Yes. And by and large, most of the things attributed to Golden ruining the setting aren’t the things she has done. Golden writes cinematics* and novels.

*not all of them

2 Likes

Remember when Golden got death threats for a cinematic which she didn’t write

I do

6 Likes

The man is the only person mentioned who is actually responsible for the how the story in WoW has developed.

Doesn’t help that 90% of the infrequent Danuser posts on bird app are purely s-posts and memery…

Nothing that comes to mind, but her BfA work comes to mind. i.e the way Calia turned out and how that affected the derek (dereck? I never remember the spelling) storyline

not to mention sadfang: the movie

Yeah any1 who flails around death threats should get owned in a major way

Did that actor that played joffrey lannister ever get back into acting or did he just drop it for good bc of them?

Please don’t go in loops it doesn’t help anyone gamer :pensive:

to be honest if i had a large twitter following i would almost exclusively :poop:post to my audience

5 Likes

So there’s no reason to bring her up in a Shadowlands thread then, it seems. Fascinating. I wonder what could have prompted her mention then? Truly a mystery.

No doubt when the Shadowlands novel drops she will be blamed for all of the plot revelations contained therein, regardless of whether she agreed with them (or invented them) or not, or was simply instructed to include them as part of her job as a writer.

3 Likes

When talking about lore it’s perfectly fine to bring up just about any writer who has influenced the setting I’m p sure, especially if it’s somewhat recent or they are, as you said, involved with an upcoming book.

That is what happens when one has their name on the cover of a book yes.

2 Likes

:clown_face:

3 Likes

Trying to talk to you is legit like running down a defective dialogue tree.

4 Likes

Holds up a mirror instead

I don’t know what you expect me to do but repeat myself when you do exactly that my friend

1 Like

Still doesn’t mean the reason she’s targetted is because she is a woman.

Its because people can’t read or won’t accept she has any say in the story. (or are just thick-skulled af).

Eitherway it still hasn’t anything to do with sexism, atleast from what I saw (and I won’t pretend to know if that was ever the case in any other discussion/thread, but I did not see it happen in here!)

Anyways, hope I made abit of sense! D:

P.S:
Also don’t get me wrong, I think people who threaten, insult, or use sexism/racism in any way, shape or form towards authors and story devs should be taken seriously anyways(since they’re no better then those people who are investigated at Blizzard now anyways)

Also the only flak Golden gets from me is for her Before the storm book, because thats the sole Warcraft book up until now I just couldn’t get past 15 pages in before putting it down :pensive:

1 Like

So they went with the worst possible story direction. Noice.

1 Like