PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 1)

I hate this so much.

So they all got their 3d printers.
But the one in Shadowlands made the realms and everything in between? What did the other ones do? Make a pantheon and just stop at that lol? Also everything in the other realms is 100% legit robots now aswell then? Great.

Why are they not using their 3d printers to stop Zovaal abusing the Shadowlands 3D Printer to wipe them and everything else out?

1 Like

Rise of the Horde was quite good imo, I enjoyed it a lot, if the Warcraft franchise wasn’t in the gutter atm I’d recommend it for sure

1 Like

Guys i am loving this wow × fnaf crossover lore

I cant believe the entire wow universe is actually animatronics made by william afton (the purple guy)

2 Likes

Just today I was mulling over lore implications, matters of Light and Life and now they just declare everything is artificial.

I want an option for my character to give in to existential despair by the end of the patch. Nothing matters. Everything is fake. Our gods don’t exist. We’re made to suffer by machines. All my faith based characters are over.

1 Like

It means that literally every big boss and unknowable threat - the Light, the Void Lords, the Titans, Sargeras, the Sepulcrists, and whatever the ‘life pantheon’ looks like, are all subservient (in power, if not in actual practice) beneath the Precursors.

3 Likes

I’m not trying to stoke any more fires here but with about a hundred people saying that Golden doesn’t get to decide what to write, what makes her different from a copywriter that churns out descriptions on cereal boxes? Is she just there for Blizzard to whip out and say “we have a NY times bestseller in our office”?

1 Like

Member when Sargeras and the Old Gods(Void Lords) were or biggest concerns? all the while they flipped in powerlevels a few times over the course of 3 -4 expansions.

Good old times :frowning:

Are we all Forerunner robots? What’s coming next, the Precursor race ground themself into dust and has now came back corrupted with a desire to feed upon all life in the universe.

We better activate a First One device to purge them and then ride on a Gnome vehicle to escape.

No, that’s demonstrably incredibly easy and frequently manipulated and arranged by bulk purchases.

(chants to the rhythm of Cersei’s walk of shame)

Lame. Lame. Lame. Lame. Lame…

6 Likes

I haven’t seen anyone claiming that Golden doesn’t get to decide what to write. How she depicts the characters, how she writes the dialogue, how she sets the pacing, that’s all on her as a writer. But the overarching story direction, i.e. the actual thing being talked about and roundly criticized, is something else entirely.

Perhaps some sort of ring…

Haha good thing there isn’t an attack in the raid called Forerunner Ring

Haha

yeah

2 Likes

So for example, so that I can understand this, Danuser says that Sylvanas will outplay and overpower everyone that goes against her and Golden makes this come true by writing her as the most insufferable 5d monologuing villain that will never let a moment go by without reminding us how she’s in the process of outsmarting us?

2 Likes

I was looking for a really scuffed midi of the theme but I found this instead

1 Like

the precursor race = actually the old gods

they retcon the old god origin story

1 Like

Just give me flood influenced old god body horror instead of this trite

Alternatively push the button on the big ring and reset

1 Like

Sure, you can think that and it’d (probably) be because of Golden’s writing decisions, at least insofar as those things you mentioned are reflected only in Golden’s work.

Making the decision that Sylvanas has been working with the Jailer all along yet betrays him because she “will never serve” is on Danuser.

2 Likes

If I have to fight any more void blobs I am going to find the big red button that reoriginates the universe and push it myself.

3 Likes

Xal’atath said the naaru are lost siblings. In the end, we all came from the Void.

And what’s the deal with all this snake imagery related to first one iconography? Snakes were printed out alongside everything else.

Probably referencing ouroboros.

Oribos. Ouroboros.